Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Specialist – State Regulation & Legislation
About the Role:
Reporting to the Vice President-State Regulation and Legislative Affairs, you will manage the Association’s state level legislative and regulatory tracking focused on CPA profession issues. Perform research and project management for the State Regulatory & Legislative Affairs team’s projects and provide administrative support to the State Regulatory and Legislative Affairs team members.
- Track introduced and pending state regulatory and legislative proposals affecting the CPA profession to support the Association’s legislative and regulatory programs.
- Assist the State Regulatory & Legislative Affairs team with CPA profession legislative issue management, special projects, and state-level communications.
- Work on multiple special projects and support the State Legislative and Regulatory Affairs team’s initiatives.
- Provide administrative support to the Vice President – State Regulatory & Legislative Affairs, the Assistant General Counsel in the Washington, DC office and other State Regulatory and Legislative Affairs team members.
- Achieve team operational plan goals by coordinating with internal Association teams, Association volunteer leadership, State CPA Society Staff, State legislators and staff, and State executive branch officials and staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, political science or related field.
- Previous experience with a membership or trade association or in government.
- Certification in project management a plus.
- 1+ years relevant experience including operations of state legislative/regulatory affairs preferred
How We Support You:
We provide flexibility to help you achieve a good work-life balance. You’ll be part of a global, diverse team who foster an environment of inclusion and belonging where you are valued for who you are and where you come from.
We offer benefit options in and out of the workplace, including healthcare, retirement, paid time-off, parental leave, an employee assistance program. We provide resources that support your mental health, and evolve our offerings to meet your needs. We care about our employees’ welfare and focus our benefits package on the benefits which support your wellbeing. We also recognize that everyone has different priorities, so in addition to our core benefits to support your health we offer flexible options for you to choose benefits that are right for you, your family and your lifestyle.
We believe in non-stop learning and are committed to investing in learning opportunities that help you reach your full potential and support your continued development.
At The Association, a Great Place to Work-Certified company, we are transforming the accounting and finance profession. We are future-focused, empowering the world’s most accomplished accountants to stay relevant, meet today’s demands, and prepare for tomorrow’s challenges through quality education, resources, and training.
Learn more about The Association on our Career Site.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
This role is not intended to be based and/or filled in NYC and therefore the salary is not published. If you are an NYC resident and wish to be considered for this opportunity, please reach out to the recruiter listed on the posting and they will be happy to provide you any further information.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Association of International Certified Professional Accountants is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please send an email to HumanResources@aicpa-cima.com
Job posted: 2023-05-16