Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Specialist, Web Content
Want to work for a great Organization?
The American Bankers Association is the banking industry’s champion. Joining ABA makes you part of a team that: • has Extraordinary People – ABA experts are the “go to” sources for bankers, policy makers and the media for credible information and insights for the banking industry. • has Unmatched Scope and Scale – ABA’s unparalleled information and services keep members current, knowledgeable and prepared. • is Impact-Driven – ABA has a proven record of bringing about positive change for our members and the industry. We take action and achieve results. Plus competitive pay, an outstanding benefits package, a convenient DC location, a professional collegial work environment and an opportunity to work on issues of national significance equals a winning combination!
The web content specialist is responsible for maintaining the content on ABA’s external facing websites and its intranet, InsideABA. This position collaborates with various departments across the organization to create content that is timely and on brand. Daily responsibilities include responding to all “webmaster” e-mail inquiries via ABA.com and ABA’s internal staff ticketing system, validating member permissions through ABA’s CRM to ensure appropriate access to restricted content on the site, and assisting with the overall content strategy and governance for ABA’s websites. Good member services skills are essential and HTML proficiency is required.
• Ensure maximum quality control and usability for all content on ABA.com and sub-sites.
• Work with Marketing and ABA subject matter experts to create content for internal and external stakeholders.
• Review and approve content edited and uploaded by Digital Content Managers.
• Perform website audits and help resolve code errors, broken links, and content inconsistencies.
• Use UX best practices to test copy across the site and update for “web-friendliness” and usability.
• Create content and ensure the implementation of standards, guidelines and best practices for ABA’s intranet, and overall governance policies including recommendations for end-to-end content lifecycles.
• Work with internal clients from Human Resources, Marketing and other groups to update ABA’s intranet site with timely and relevant content.
• Assist with CRM database management as it pertains to member’s user information and permissions.
• Other duties as assigned by business need.
• Bachelor’s degree with a focus on marketing, communications or similar field preferred or commensurate experience.
• Experience, including a fellowship or internship, working in a marketing or communications role supporting web content.
• Proficient knowledge of HTML
• Experience with one or more content management systems, such as wordpress, sitecore or sitefinity.
• Strong customer service skills
•Familiarity with database management
• Knowledge of information architecture (IA) design best practices and the elements of good user experience.
American Bankers Association (ABA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, protected Veteran status, personal appearance, political affiliation, family responsibilities, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
ABA encourages and celebrates diversity so if you are motivated, hardworking and want to make a difference, come as you are!
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-06-19