Sr. Advisor, Political Programs & Policy US
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
The TC Energy federal government relations department is responsible for congressional and executive agency engagement and policy development, management and cultivation of company participation within US-based trade associations, and development and execution of political engagement and giving strategies.
To achieve success, this Senior Advisor role will be able to leverage experience and existing and new relationships to help advance the company’s objectives within the US federal policy and political arena. It will lead development and execution of programs designed to increase political and policy awareness and participation among company personnel. The successful candidate will be able to collaborate with individuals across multiple company disciplines to further advance company political and policy objective. The position can be located in either Washington, D.C. or Houston, Texas.
What you’ll do
- Political Programs
- Management of Political Action Committee and related internal communications and political event planning (e.g., elected official visits and/or engagement with TCE executives)
- Engagement with Congress and Executive Branch officials
- Engagement/coordination of US-based trade association advocacy activities
- Federal stakeholder engagement, relationship management, and issue advocacy
- Coordination with internal teams in development of TC advocacy strategy and policy positions
- Management of federal stakeholder outreach activities related to pipeline business (engagement with Capitol Hill and Executive Branch officials)
- Management of US-based Trade Associations advocacy on pipeline issues
- Other tasks as required
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, communications, public affairs or other related concentration
- 6+ years of directly related experience
- Strong writing, speaking, and interpersonal skills
- Capitol Hill, Executive Branch agency, trade association, lobbying, journalism or campaign experience
- Ability to communicate a clear and confident manner
- Government, political, energy industry or media relations experience
- Political, government, public relations, communications or related experience
- Ability to travel up to 25% (dependent upon COVID-19 restrictions)
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting by 03/03/2021 using reference code 80344. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program supervised by the U.S. government.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-17