Sr Analyst, Local Public Affairs
ENERGY FOR WHAT’S AHEAD
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We’re working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
About Local Public Affairs:
Local Public Affairs (LPA) is part of Southern California Edison’s (SCE) Government Affairs Organizational Unit. LPA is tasked with earning the active support of government and community leaders to achieve SCE’s vision of a clean energy future.
The job is…
As the Local Public Affairs Senior Analyst, you will join the Organizational Performance Team and provide program and project management support for major organizational development and performance initiatives for the Local Public Affairs team.
You will be responsible for….
- Supporting the annual departmental goal and performance planning activities.
- Managing the process for submittal, prioritization, and approval of dues/memberships and contributions to enable external engagement with third party stakeholders such as community-based, business, and governmental organizations. Serving as a liaison to the Corporate Philanthropy team to ensure alignment with corporate giving priorities and protocols.
- Providing high level data and financial analytical support for Organizational Performance core work including operational plan (budget) development and associated reports and tracking, General Rate Case financial analysis and data request responses, local government audits associated with franchises, user utility taxes, business license fees, and similar work.
- Managing the process and tracking of the “Local Public Affairs new hire experience”, including oversight of the peer mentor program associated with new employees.
- Providing key support, and may serve as the lead for, internal all-team meetings both at the Local Public Affairs and Corporate Affairs levels, in additional to other organizational development work functions as assigned.
This position requires training and qualification in an assigned Incident Management Team role and ability to activate in response to an emergency or other incident per the protocols established by SCE Business Resiliency. Activation may include evening, overnight, weekend, and holiday duty assignments.
Day to day…
- Works closely with leaders, advisors, and senior advisors providing support for corporate affairs programs and projects as assigned. Support for leadership strategic initiatives as identified.
- Provides analytical support and quality control oversite related to compliance, regulatory, or other required business reports.
- Development of data and trend analysis, dashboards and other tracking metrics; utilize department relational database to track work and run reports as required.
- Contribute to positive working environment through both leading and participating on teams associated with organizational performance, development, and change management including all-team meeting planning.
- Manage processes associated with contributions and membership dues for community, government and business engagement, as well as support for other government relations work.
- Development and update of annual department learning strategy including but not limited to information sharing and training sessions, all hands meetings, lunch and learn forums, Skype sessions, new employee programs and on-site facility briefings and workshops.
- Perform and develop quality assurance processes and other related methodologies to ensure programs and reports meet department and company business requirements.
- Support General Rate Case data request responses by performing financial and trend analysis as needed; support city and county audit requests as needed related to franchises, user utility taxes, and other related subjects.
- Support for department and company emergency response, resiliency, and Incident Management Team activities, processes, reports, and user meetings as assigned.
You absolutely need to have…
- Five or more years of experience in an analytical role.
- Two or more years of experience in program and/or project management work.
- Proficient in SAP, Word, Excel, Power Point, Digital Metrics–such as Google analytics, Power BI, and other analytical and project management tools.
Other things that will set you up for success…
- Bachelors’ Degree or higher in Business, Political Science or related discipline
- Experience with data analysis and developing/tracking metrics
- Project management experience and certification
- Demonstrated experience identifying, developing, and implementing process improvements
- Knowledge of SAP and ability to analyze financial and other detailed customer related information
- Good writing and verbal communication skills; presentation skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, cross functional team environment; good with constant change
- Ability to prioritize and focus on work within a changing, evolving work environment
- Experience supporting organizational development and organizational change programs
- Interaction and communication with all levels of the organization, including both internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of and experience with relational databases such as Salesforce
- Experience with on-line survey tools and other tools to gather critical feedback and input
You should know…
- Relocation is not available for this position.
- This position is located in Rosemead, CA.
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
The people here at Edison don’t just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We are fueling the kind of innovation that is changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. You’ll have a chance to grow your career and make a difference in the world.
SCE serves a population of approximately 15 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. As a company, we have big dreams and we know nothing big is ever accomplished alone. Join one of the nation’s leading electric utilities in making sure California, and all of us who live here, shine bright.
At SCE we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status. #LI-MM1
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-07