TriNet is a leading provider of comprehensive human resources solutions for small to midsize businesses (SMBs). We enhance business productivity by enabling our clients to outsource their HR function to one strategic partner and allowing them to focus on operating and growing their core businesses. Our full-service HR solutions include features such as payroll processing, human capital consulting, employment law compliance and employee benefits, including health insurance, retirement plans and workers’ compensation insurance.
TriNet has a nationwide presence and an experienced executive team. Our stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol TNET. If you’re passionate about innovation and making an impact on the large SMB market, come join us as we power our clients’ business success with extraordinary HR.
TriNet is seeking a Sr Associate, Govt Affairs for immediate hire. This individual will report to VP, Regulatory Affairs and provide legislative, regulatory, and administrative support to TriNet’s Advocacy and Regulatory Affairs team including significant administrative involvement in the day-to-day operations of TriNet’s Political Action Committee (PAC) as well as general administrative tasks associated with TriNet’s government affairs and insurance services staff operations. The position requires a highly motivated, team-orientated candidate with superior administrative skills. Prior junior policy and /or political fundraising experience are encouraged but not required, as well as prior exposure to federal lobbying/PAC administrative compliance requirements. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are a must.
• Provide general administrative support to Advocacy and Regulatory Affairs team, including but not limited to: assembling and editing documents; scheduling meetings; photocopying and faxing documents; and assisting department staff with administrative compliance, including compilation and timely submission of expense reports and travel requests;
• Maintain and update content on internal company Advocacy and Regulatory Affairs webpages;
• Draft internal advocacy communications related to voter initiatives through TriNet Votes, quarterly advocacy newsletters, policy bulletins, and other materials for dissemination to colleagues as necessary;
• Track and create reports on legislative and regulatory actions at the state and federal level impacting the PEO industry;
• Attend meetings, briefings, and congressional hearings as needed;
• Manage all administrative functions of the TriNet Political Action Committee (PAC) including maintenance of record-keeping and compliance software (DDC);
• Produce monthly PAC enrollment and financial reports;
• Actively assist in development of innovative strategies, promotional materials, and solicitation initiatives to increase employee participation and contributions to the PAC;
• Coordinate logistics for congressional site visits at TriNet offices across the country;
• Assist with accurate and timely reporting and submission of compliance data as required by federal election law;
• Other responsibilities may be added at the manager’s discretion.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education: BA/BS degree from an accredited college with a general focus in public policy, politics, or related topics, or the experiential equivalent of same.
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates): NA
• At least 2 years of exposure to legislative, regulatory, or political fundraising functions in an administrative capacity;
• Ability to build strong working relationships internally and externally;
• Working understanding or desire to build expertise in federal and state fundraising laws and required reporting;
• Administrative experience in public policy, political or trade association setting a plus.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Highly motivated, results oriented, creative thinker, solutions oriented;
• Ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization;
• Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a team;
• Clear and precise understanding and adherence to consummate ethical principles, company values, code of conduct and policies;
• Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, and Excel.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/OTHER INFORMATION (Travel required, physical requirements, on-call schedules, etc.)
• Less than 20% Travel required;
• Work in clean, pleasant, and comfortable office setting.
Please Note: TriNet reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Position functions and qualifications may vary depending on business necessity.
TriNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. Any applicant with a mental or physical disability who requires an accommodation during the application process should contact a company manager, a company officer or a TriNet HR representative to request such an accommodation.
Job Posted: September 1, 2017