Sr Associate, Media and Communications
The Raben Group is a public policy, strategic communications and organizational consulting firm. We were founded with a lofty goal and an audacious spirit: to make our nation greater by helping to shift public policy in a sensible, humane direction. We work intimately with policymakers and influencers in the nonprofit, corporate, foundation, and government sectors to identify shared interests, forge new connections, tackle our country’s most intractable problems, and uplift new generations of leaders and activists.
Now 95+ strong with representation around the country, we are proudly majority people of color and majority women. We are immigrants, we are disabled, we are religious minorities. We bring our full selves to our work, and our varying backgrounds and experiences allow us to offer a unique and often untold perspective to public policy, imbuing us with the fierce urgency of now – we know why this work matters.
Spending any time with us, you quickly learn we value smarts, creativity, and audaciousness in our work, and a sense of humor is a contractual must. Please learn more about Raben at rabengroup.com.
What We Need
We seek a Senior Associate to join our Media & Communications practice, based out of Washington DC or New York City. Senior Associates at our firm bring hands-on expertise, contextual knowledge, and strong project management abilities to our client engagements. Specifically, candidates who join our Media & Communications practice will have a track record of success in media relations. Add to that a high degree of initiative, personal resilience, attention to detail, plain old smarts, a little swagger, a lot of creativity, and a concierge-like approach to client services.
- Strategic Communications: Contribute to the creation, implementation, and monitoring of strategic and tactical communications plans. Engage directly with clients regarding strategy, approach and priorities.
- Drive on tactical execution within a range of media and communications needs, in particular serving as a media liaison (maintain relationships with journalists, manage press lists, develop media collateral, engage in targeted pitching).
- Track and assess analytics; prepare summative reports, memoranda, etc. Identify options for ongoing improvement and strengthening of target metrics.
- Assist in the planning, coordination, and staffing of media events, convenings, conference calls, trainings, panels, etc., including venue logistics, registrations, and on-site support.
- Staff client teams on overall task and project management, capturing notes, scheduling calls, developing agendas, and responding to client requests.
- Contribute to the organizational goals of the firm’s Media & Communications practice area.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 – 5 years media relations experience required. Experience in a political or public policy setting a strong plus.
- Nuanced understanding of the national as well as your local/regional media landscape
- Experience developing and directly executing communications plans.
- Exemplar oral and written communication skills required. Candidates must have the demonstrable ability to quickly produce clear, compelling written collateral.
- Ability to thrive and manage shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrable project management skills across multiple assignments with many moving parts.
The Raben Group finds it quite natural to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, aspiring towards equity in all we do.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-24