SR Attorney- Data Privacy
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
The Law Department at Honeywell is seeking an experienced Sr Attorney-Data Privacy to be based in Charlotte, NC.
Honeywell, a multinational software industrial undergoing a digital transformation, is seeking a Sr. Attorney, Data Privacy to join its small team of Data Privacy attorneys. You will be responsible for the development, drafting, refinement, and maintenance of the company’s global data privacy policies, procedures, and programs consistent with applicable regulations globally. Equally importantly, you will be expected to be highly proficient in your ability to advise practically on the company’s global projects across all aspects of personal data processing that occur across our operations. You will work across various functions of the Company, including global security, marketing, data and analytics, human resources, IT, engineering, enterprise information management and data governance. You will develop and use a strong Management Operating System to organize your work and have cross-organizational impact. This is an exciting, fast-paced, high-impact, high volume position.
You will work directly with the Company’s General Counsels Data Privacy, the Chief Privacy Officer and business and functional customers of the Data Privacy Function.
We seek an individual with experience doing the kind of work for which this role is responsible:
- Develop, draft, update and maintain privacy policies and procedures, notices, compliance materials, and employee training
- Provide advice necessary to assure that a variety of business activities meet global data privacy requirements, for example, targeted advertising, marketing email campaigns, opt in and opt out consent processes, HR and customer surveys, HR predictive and diversity analytics, employee and applicant assessments, HR notices and consents globally
- Serve as a privacy specialist to assist the organization respond to regulatory audits and similar internal and external inquiries related to Honeywell’s global and local data processing activities
- Review Privacy Impact Assessments helping to embed privacy by design into products and systems, including IIOT products and cloud-based systems
- Create web and app privacy statements, cookie polices, online behavioral advertising policies, email marketing templates, and advertising guidelines
- Counsel on data security practices, like encryption, authentication, and background investigations, and similar technical and organizational security measures
- Advise on or negotiate data privacy provisions in customer and supplier contracts
- Assist with the data privacy aspects of mergers and acquisitions
- Assess, track, and respond to security incidents
- Monitor and assess business implications of regulatory developments across global data privacy regimes
- Provide legal support on data subject access requests
- Create self-service tools and templates
YOU MUST HAVE:
- Juris Doctor (JD)
- 5+ years of Data Privacy experience at a major law firm or within a large corporate legal department
- Attention to detail with the ability to communicate and draft in simple, clear language
- Strong customer focus and business acumen
- Ability to execute and remove obstacles
- Track record of navigating complex and ambiguous environments with intelligent risk-taking
- Strong Management Operating System
- Demonstrated data privacy legal experience, including work advising on the implementation of business programs like marketing campaigns, targeted advertising, web analytics, mobile apps, customer preference centers, responding to data subject requests; reviewing Privacy Impact Assessments, as well as operationalizing global privacy and data protection frameworks, principles and compliance programs
- Strong knowledge of data privacy regimes around the world, including but not limited to GDPR, E-Privacy, CCPA, CAN-SPAM, LGPD and their implications for marketing, IT, engineering, global security, IIOT, software, cloud, data and analytics, enterprise information management, and HR initiatives
- Tech-savviness and ability to work easily with digital tools
- Top data privacy law firm and/or in-house background
- Certifications such as CIPP/US, CIPP/E and/or CIPP/M (or comparable) are beneficial but not required
Applications: Please send resume to Terry.Daughton@Honeywell.com
Job posted: 2021-02-24