sr communication business partner, holiday & design partnerships
Job Title: Sr. Communication Business Partner – Holiday & Design Partnerships
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
A role with Target Communications means a chance to continuously improve the quality, relevance, creativity and authenticity of both internal and external storytelling. Comprised of Public Relations, Executive Communications, Crisis Management and Internal Enterprise Communications, this team strengthens and protects Target’s reputation and helps drive traffic, sales and guest loyalty.
As a Sr. Communication Business Partner at Target you will have the opportunity to bring to life the story of the Holiday season, and Target’s Design Partnership programs, across a variety of initiatives targeting consumer and business media, Target team members and our guests. You will partner with your manager to develop holistic communications plans in support of Holiday and Design Partnerships and serve as the communications point person across the enterprise, partnering with marketing, merchandising, communications channel partners and more. Your job is to reach a variety of stakeholders in a compelling manner that inspires consumers to shop and builds confidence and mitigates risk for one of the largest retailers in the U.S.
- Serve as communications counsel to partners and leaders across the enterprise
- Apply a strategic lens to the communications support – both internal and external – of Target’s Holiday and Design Partnership businesses
- Manage all media inquiries, proactive and reactive, related to Target’s Holiday and Design Partnership businesses
- Manage external agency partners and associated budgets
- Serve as primary, day-to-day contact for internal and external business partners
- Keep a regular pulse on the industry you cover and share timely updates and implications with your colleagues and business partners
- Minimum of 8-10 years of professional experience, preferably including experience working at an agency and in a corporate environment
- Strong media relations skills, with a high degree of comfort and success working with business and consumer press
- Ability to develop compelling communication strategies with clear and measurable goals
- A creative storyteller and versatile writer, with an ability to hone in on key themes based on audience segment
- Experience serving as an external spokesperson
- Experience managing multiple external agency partners and large budgets
- Ability to coach and counsel enterprise leaders
- Strong business acumen and knowledge of the retail environment, media landscape and an ability to distill trends into communication implications
- Proven ability to work within a large, matrixed organization
Target Communications has joined the Diversity Action Alliance – a coalition of communications professionals pledging to hire, retain and advance more diverse communicators. This pledge shows our commitment to making progress toward our goals, and will hold us accountable to driving change on our team and in our field.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-25