Sr Communication and Public Affairs Manager – Maine Medical Center
The Senior Communication and Public Affairs Manager for Maine Medical Center oversees the management and execution of communication, public relations and community engagement plans and initiatives consistent with department, stakeholder and organization plans, mission and values and in alignment with the overall MaineHealth system strategy. Responsibilities include implementing strategies, tracking and evaluating performance and measuring outcomes. Develops strategic communication plans, often working directly with highest-level executives, as directed by the Director, Sr. Director or AVP. Position will independently oversee management of specific functions of the department including media, emergency, clinical and leadership communications, as well as relationships with high value stakeholders. May have supervisory responsibility for one or more staff.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s a plus with an emphasis in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations or related field preferred.
- License/Certification: N/A.
- Experience: A minimum of five to seven (5-7) years of progressive experience in marketing, planning, communications, public relations, market research in a large, complex organization, or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience in a healthcare setting. Project/process management, account management or related capabilities a plus. Two to three (2-3) years’ supervisory experience preferred.
- Incumbent must have analytical skills and creative experience necessary to address targeted messages to a variety of audiences.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability communicate effectively with others and to speak in public, listen effectively, interview and gather pertinent information from sources at all levels in the organization, and work with varying levels of staff.
- Able to work well under pressure and to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to unexpected changes.
We offer benefits that support an individual’s needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-29