Sr. Communications Analyst (Telecom Support)
As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
Nemours is seeking a Sr. Communications Analyst (Telecom Support), FULL-TIME, for our Nemours Children’s Hospital team in Orlando, Florida.
Located in Orlando, Fla., Nemours Children’s Hospital is the newest addition to the Nemours integrated healthcare system. Our 100-bed pediatric hospital also features the area’s only 24-hour Emergency Department designed just for kids as well as outpatient pediatric clinics including several specialties previously unavailable in the region. A hospital designed by families for families, Nemours Children’s Hospital blends the healing power of nature with the latest in healthcare innovation to deliver world-class care to the children of Central Florida and beyond. In keeping with our goal of bringing Nemours care into the communities we serve, we also provide specialty outpatient care in several clinics located throughout the region.
The Senior Communications Analyst is a technical position responsible to perform various work functions in support of the Telecom team. This position will require an in-depth technical knowledge of phone systems to facilitate the install and management of the Nemours CISCO VOIP phone system and associated components. This will include the analysis and resolution of system hardware, software and networking issues. A working knowledge of telecommunication networks and their supporting systems is also required.
In addition, this position will define project requirements, estimate project tasks, and provide industry knowledge in performing basic and advanced tasks associated with administration responsibilities. The Senior Communications Analyst will provide high-level input to any system architecture changes and facilitate conference calls to identify and resolve issues. This role will be required to partner with customers and various internal/external organizations to ensure deliverables are met.
- Coordinate vendors, maintenance and upgrades to minimize downtime and/or impact on end users.
- Proactively monitor and analyze system resources to ensure optimal performance and develop plans to accommodate capacity for future growth.
- Provide leadership and guidance in the allocation of department resources (staff, materials, budget, etc).
- Perform routine systems tasks and resolve assigned Help Desk tickets in a manner consistent with service level guidelines and Nemours customer service expectations.
- Interact with customers and establish customer relationships to gather and analyze customer needs, assess available resources and determine optimal solutions.
- Develop project plans incorporating resource estimates (time, cost, etc) for project tasks and manage projects, as assigned.
- Collaborate with members of other enterprise functional teams to proactively assess team impact and ensure goals/objectives are supported.
- Advise management on technological aspects of the position, evaluate vendor products and make recommendations on product/service selection and current system upgrades.
- Train, educate and mentor staff, as necessary.
- Provide software oriented administrative support on Cisco communication platforms, execute procedures for end-user oriented break/fix repair, and move, add, change (MAC) requests.
- Associate’s Degree required.
- Minimum of five (5) + years’ experience required.
- Excellent team and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Clear, analytical thinking.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work with interruptions, flexible with schedule and responsibilities.
***EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: Please be advised if you apply to this position, you will be asked to take an assessment as part of the application process. This could add an additional 20 to 45 minutes, based upon the assessment that corresponds with this position. Please allow yourself enough time to complete the test, as you will not be able to save your application and come back to complete it at a later time. Do not use your mobile phone to apply to this position; our assessment is not compatible with mobile devices at this time ***
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique “Bridge to a Healthy Future” pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.
Job posted: 2020-04-22