Sr. Communications Manager
The Twitter communications team is looking for a Sr. Manager of Consumer Communications to amplify the organization’s consumer narrative across North America. This individual will be responsible for supporting the consumer communications team with creating and promoting media campaigns that engage and educate consumers in understanding how Twitter can bring them closer to what they find meaningful.
The role can be based in any one of our US offices or remote with travel and will report into the Sr. Director of Global Consumer Communications in New York City.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Is knowledgeable and savvy about social media and technology and its cross functionality to entertainment, pop culture, services and products
- Has experience in creating, implementing and managing creative, multi-platform communications strategies to engage consumers
- Has strong relationships with top tier traditional, diverse and niche print, broadcast, audio and digital media outlets.
- Possesses the ability to thrive and effectively multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment
- Acts as thought leader with the ability to make informed decisions and effectively communicate these decisions to internal and external stakeholders.
- Has an understanding and passion for Twitter.
- To drive the creation and implementation of highly effective multi-platform communications strategies with the goal of increasing user engagement through imaginative and informative consumer media storytelling.
- To grow and support the narrative of Twitter as a global culture brand through strategic and consistent presence in traditional and niche consumer media outlets as well as
- To actively monitor the media landscape and identify engagement opportunities for thought leaders on the Marketing team.
- To foster existing media relationships and create new ones.
- To be an entrepreneurial self-starter who comes up with new approaches and ideas to continually position Twitter as a culture brand.
- To partner with internal stakeholders to help shape their ideas for consumer media appeal.
- Takes Initiative
- Affluent in problem solving
- Excellent listener
- A keen knowledge and understanding of culture, trends and how people engage in social media use
- An effective communicator with the ability to make informed decisions as well as encourage and engage clients
- Excels at relationship building – internally and externally
- Strong and creative writing skills
- Strong consumer media contacts across print, digital, social, broadcast
- Inclusive and collaborative in thinking and activation
- Driven and resourceful
- Flexible and situationally adaptable
- Optimizes work process
- Informed about Twitter and social media overall
- A bachelor’s degree and/or masters qualification
- 8-10 years of communications experience including media relations in technology, media and/or entertainment.
- Professional fluency in English.
- Excellent writing, editing, and messaging skills.
- Good humor, humility, and high levels of empathy.
- A global mindset and an ability to work with different cultures, perspectives, and attitudes.
- A thoughtful, considerate and compassionate approach to your work and colleagues.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, pressurised environment, and to consistently meet deadlines.
- Flexible, amiable, a good colleague, and a strong, committed collaborator.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-15