Sr. Communications Specialist
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota – a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
The Specialist, Digital Communications is primarily responsible for producing effective digital content that reinforces our company strategy and reputation with internal and external audiences. The position is part of a company-wide External Affairs function that includes Communications, Government Affairs, Regulatory and Social Responsibility, with a shared mission to protect and enhance our company’s license to operate and build preference for Hess as a trusted energy partner.
This position reports directly to the Manager, Digital Communications and is based in our Houston office.
- Plan and produce content (writing, photos, video and graphics) developed for use across Hess internal channels including our company intranet, Workplace, email and digital signage; and external web sites, microsites and social media channels (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube)
- Work with other members of the Communications team to identify and develop digital content opportunities that support broader communication plans and campaigns including sponsorships, events, social responsibility initiatives and employee engagement efforts
- Assign freelancers, edit for Hess style, manage internal approvals and posting
- Post approved content on hess.com; publish daily news summary for leaders
- Manage web-based crisis management system
- Increase Workplace membership and engagement through creative content and campaigns
- Manage vendors and freelance writers/designers
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated success in organizational communications for a publicly traded company or agency, preferably in the oil and gas industry.
- Strong functional skills (writing, editing, overseeing design and photo/video production) and experience in developing effective communications for a range of digital platforms
- Experience with external and internal use of social media platforms preferred
- Clear ownership for deliverables and deadlines as an individual contributor and in managing freelancers.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple programs/projects simultaneously
- Proven ability to build effective working relationships at all levels and work collaboratively with teammates.
Education, Training & Certifications
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Communications or a related field.
The Hess Way of Working refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
- Builds Trusted Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Creates Effective Teams
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspires Innovation
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions
- Delivers High Performance
Hess is an equal opportunity employer; we welcome diversity in all forms of expression and thought.
Hess is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-18