Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Sr. Communications Specialist
The Sr. Communications Specialist – Power/Manchester United Social Media plans, creates and coordinates communications to support Kohler in achieving its business goals and implementing its strategies through social media. This position is directly responsible for planning, activation, measurement and optimization for the social media efforts of Kohler Power, Kohler Corporate, Kohler Bathroom Design Services (BDS) and the Manchester United partnership. This individual will be a part of a team including social media specialists from other business groups (Hospitality and Kitchen & Bath).
- Manage a portfolio of social media campaigns across the Kohler Power business to ensure appropriate prioritization, resourcing and business impact.
- Provide leadership in developing relevant Kohler corporate social media messaging throughout the year, highlighting key company initiatives.
- Work with the Bathroom Design Services team and Kohler’s media agency to create social media advertising campaigns to drive leads and sales.
- Create and activate inspiring messaging featuring the partnership between Kohler Co. and Manchester United.
- Responsible for the promotion of Kohler job openings, across the company, utilizing Facebook.
- Analyze national and local campaign results to optimize the paid media spend across marketing channels based on ROAS.
- Work in partnership with the Performance Marketing team to develop pilot “test & learn” campaigns, execute and measure the results.
- Plan and manage the various social media annual budgets.
- Responsible for reading, responding to and routing social media comments in a timely manner, working closely with Customer Service. Based on the feedback, provide insights into future programs that would address the greatest needs for the businesses.
- Generate and propose social media campaign ideas to deliver upon business objectives that are integrated and align with brand messaging platform.
- Work with the influencer marketing team to drive engagement and amplification of influencer messaging.
- Design, implement and track KPIs to measure performance against strategic goals, identify emerging trends and provide insights about the drivers of performance.
- Responsible for remaining current with the social media landscape and technologies to seek out opportunities for Kohler Co.
- Have a passion and commitment for social media and corporate communications.
- Work closely with content teams to maintain consistency and timeliness with the editorial strategy and keep the appropriate tone of voice for all online communications.
- Lead messaging based on best practices, to “humanize” the Kohler brand.
- Drive education and awareness of social platform best practices across the organization.
- Four-year degree required. Emphasis in New Media, Communications, Advertising, Public Relations, Journalism, Business or English preferred.
- 2 years of social media experience.
- Strong writing skills a must.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint, required.
- Familiarity with Social Media platforms such as Sprinklr, Brandwatch, Hootsuite or Salesforce.
- Strong interest and familiarity with the Internet in general and social media in particular are required.
- Knowledge of Facebook’s advertising platform is required.
- Detail-oriented and possess excellent project management skills.
- Motivated by continuing education (seminars, classes, online learning, books, etc.).
- Embrace the role of a teacher to educate Communications and Marketing staff.
To fully demonstrate our commitment to the health, safety, and wellbeing of our associates, we are requiring all U.S. based team members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. We believe this path forward further strengthens our workforce and the future growth and resilience of our company and community. Individuals with medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US without requiring sponsorship now or in the future.
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.’s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates’ development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual’s personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohlercompany.com.
It is Kohler’s policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com. Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-05-10