Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Sr. Communications Specialist, Reputation and Issues Management
Be unstoppable with us!
T-Mobile is synonymous with innovation–and you could be part of the team that disrupted an entire industry! We reinvented customer service, brought real 5G to the nation, and now we’re shaping the future of technology in wireless and beyond. Our work is as exciting as it is rewarding, so consider the career opportunity below as your invitation to grow with us, make big things happen with us, above all, #BEYOU with us. Together, we won’t stop!
We’re looking for a new Sr Communications Specialist focused on reputation management to join the Un-carrier as we launch into our next new era. This role is the perfect fit for a PR professional who’s got experience working on issues and managing crisis, particularly in the technology or telecoms industry, but also understands how to build a proactive PR strategy and bring it to life. This rockstar will be actively fighting fires while also looking for ways to mitigate them by collaborating with subject matter experts across the company to understand and analyze current or potential issues, developing smart and strategic well-written messaging, building thoughtful communications plans using a variety of tactics, implementing those plans to successful outcomes, engaging media, supporting tracking and measurement, and more. The Sr Specialist will also be constantly seeking opportunities for continual improvement to make the team — and the company — better.
The Sr Communications Specialist will understand the importance of covering after-hours and on-call issues, with support of our agency, on evenings and weekends, when needed. And will be willing — and excited — to support their team by pinch hitting on a wide variety of other projects.
** This is a hybrid role and can be based in Bellevue, WA or Overland Park, KS **
- Daily issues triage and escalation, in partnership with team and agency resources.
- Cross-company collaboration and partnership to develop and execute proactive reactive communications strategies, plans and tactics.
- Consult with and educate business leaders across the organization to understand issues and make recommendations on communications strategies.
- Writing communications content including press releases, talking points, articles and other content.
- Build media relationships and maintain engagement.
- Manage and lead on all Issues team tools and trackers for messaging and flags.
- Stand up process and best practices for future issues tracking, planning and management.
- Lead on Issues team reporting / analytics / metrics/ measurement with a goal to understand impact of the team’s day to day work on the broader business.
- Strong partnership and collaboration with Care team to support customer engagement, messaging and issues tracking.
- Provide guidance to team and agency resources.
- Come to the table with a unique, informed POV while also taking the time to learn from others and respect varying opinions.
- Be an active and engaged member of your team
- Jump in on projects as needed, where the team needs additional support.
- Comfortable with being on-call in off hours, on holidays and on weekends, with ability to understand escalations.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years in public relations/communications at a PR/marketing agency or fast-paced corporate comms team preferred
- Experience in media relationships and management
- Experience in reputation and issues management or reactive/crisis communications a plus
- Tech/wireless industry experience or ability to learn technical topics
- Strong organizational skills, both verbal and written
- Proven ability to partner across the company and with different teams
- Understanding of social media and its impact on media relations/issues management
- Calm under pressure and able to think clearly in high pressure situations
- Comfortable executing under tight deadlines
- Strong writing and editing skills – attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Proficient in MS Office, Excel and PowerPoint
- Skills in tools management (ability to learn and manage training)
- Ability to be on call and responsive, as needed, after hours and on weekends.
- Ability to be in the Bellevue or Overland Park office a minimum of three days per week
- Thrives in a fast-paced culture of change and innovation.
- Ability to work independently but recognizes when to escalate to leadership.
- A self-starter who takes initiative but also knows how and when to ask for help.
- Works well with others whether leading or contributing to a project.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to ask tough questions.
- Positive interpersonal and communication skills, critical thinking, upbeat attitude, high integrity, persistence and personal initiative all are required.
- Ready and willing to adapt to uncertainty, new territory and change.
- A sense of humor. We like to have fun here.
• At least 18 years of age
• Legally authorized to work in the United States
• T-Mobile requires all employees in this position to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless precluded from doing so by applicable law. The CDC currently defines “fully vaccinated” as two weeks after the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna, and two weeks after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson. T-Mobile will require proof of vaccination, and will consider requests for exemption from this requirement during the offer phase (1) as a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs where the accommodation would not cause T-Mobile undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others, or (2) for other reasons under applicable law.
Travel Required (Yes/No):Yes
DOT Regulated Position (Yes/No):No
Safety Sensitive Position (Yes/No):No
Never stop growing!
T-Mobile doesn’t have a corporate ladder–it’s more like a jungle gym of possibilities! We love helping our employees grow in their careers, because it’s that shared drive to aim high that drives our business and our culture forward.
If you’d like to receive more information about careers at T-Mobile, sign up for the T-Mobile Talent Community today! https://www.tmobile.careers/profile/join/
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and will not be tolerated.
Talent comes in all forms at the Un-carrier. If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know by emailing ApplicantAccommodation@t-mobile.com or calling 1-844-873-9500. Please note, this contact channel is not a means to apply for or inquire about a position and we are unable to respond to non-accommodation related requests.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-10-30