Sr. Communications Specialist, Strategy, Leadership, TMO Communication
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
As Senior Communications Specialist, you will support our leadership, strategy and transformation communications teams in inspiring awareness, engagement and activation around our top business priorities. This will include writing and editing communications in a variety of formats – from stories to video to graphics to remarks – for an array of channels. You’ll help develop and activate communications campaigns, turning complex business topics into relatable, inspiring content using your strong storytelling skills and knowledge of AP style. You’ll also help others succeed. You’ll support your team in creating tools, resources and coaching to foster successful and consistent message delivery. And you’ll use data to compile results, demonstrate progress and make recommendations to continuously improve communications. You’re a critical thinker who knows how to prioritize, generate creative ideas and apply the latest and greatest communications tactics.
• Write and edit for specific channels and manage campaigns or projects to meet objectives.
• Set priorities for the team to ensure task completion; coordinate work with supervisors.
• Make decisions and solve problems based on policies, procedures and business plan; receive guidance and oversight from manager.
• Analyze specific problems and issues to find the best solutions.
• Advise others on how to design new processes and systems that meet professional standards.
• Gather and summarize data for special reports.
• Interact with peers in other global communications groups and share best practices.
• Deliver quality assignments on time.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field
• Minimum two years of related work experience
• Experience with a variety of communications strategies
• Excellent presentation, public speaking and written communication skills
• Comfortable dealing with stakeholders
• Familiarity with change communication and/or communication through a major restructuring
• Experience helping leaders to communicate strategies and priorities
• Ability to tell a story that is meaningful
• Ability to read the audience and tailor communication to specific audiences
If selected for an interview you will be required to submit your past two performance reviews.
This position is posted internally as well as externally
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-01