Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Sr. Community Engagement Specialist
Molina Healthcare is hiring for a Sr. Community Engagement Specialist in/near the Des Moines, Polk County area.
Are you passionate about serving your community? Do you enjoy building relationships?
Come join our growing Community Growth & Engagement team at Molina Healthcare!
Community Engagement is more than just participating in events and programs—at Molina, we focus on making an impact on people’s lives, whether it is assisting with resources or education about our health plan.
The Sr. Community Engagement Specialist position is responsible for achieving established goals by improving Molina’s enrollment encompassing Medicaid programs. The selected candidate will work collaboratively with key departments across the enterprise to improve overall choice rates and assignment percentages.
This role involves working with a wide variety of community partners to grow Molina’s membership and improve the health and well-being of our community. Our specialists work collaboratively across Molina and with each other’s regions. You would be responsible for managing events and relationships among several counties and spend 50% of your time or more “out and about.”
This position offers great flexibility and allows for you to manage your territory and schedule to meet business needs. Molina’s leadership team leads with empowering you to do what you love best by helping others.
*Bilingual a plus
*There may be occasional events/health fairs/etc… scheduled in the evening or on a weekend day. *Qualified candidates must have the flexibility to be available when these events arise.
*Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Under limited supervision, responsible for carrying out enrollment events and achieving assigned membership growth targets through a combination of direct and indirect marketing activities, with the primary responsibility of improving the plan’s overall “choice” rate. Works collaboratively with other key departments to increase the Medicaid assignment percentage for Molina.
- Works closely with other team members and management to develop/maintain/deepen relationships with key business leaders, community-based organizations (CBOs) and providers, ensuring all efforts are directed towards building membership for Medicaid and related programs. Effectively moves relationships through the “enrollment” pipeline.
- Responsible for achieving monthly, quarterly, and annual enrollment goals, and growth and choice targets, as established by management.
- Schedules, coordinates & participates in enrollment events, encourages key partners to participate, and assists where feasible.
- Works cohesively with Provider Services to ensure providers within assigned territory are aware of Molina products and services. Establishes simple referral processes for providers and CBOs to refer clients who may be eligible for other Molina products.
- Viewed as a “subject matter expert” (SME) by community and influencers on the health care delivery system and wellness topics.
- Delivers presentations, attends meetings and distributes educational materials to both members and potential members.
- Assists with all incoming calls and assist perspective members or members with health access related questions.
- Identify partnerships with key sponsorship opportunities and provide justification to determine Molina’s participation.
- Identify and promote Molina’s programs out in the community and creates opportunities for employees to participate.
- Responsible for managing their own daily schedule in alignment with department goals and initiatives as assigned by regions.
- Key in the development of SMART goals and provide input on department priorities.
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, job-related experience.
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related discipline.
- Min. 3 years of related experience (e.g., marketing, business development, community engagement, healthcare industry).
- Demonstrated exceptional networking and negotiations skills.
- Demonstrated strong public speaking and presentations skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with little supervision.
- Must be able to attend public events in outdoor venues in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to sit and stand for long periods.
- Must be able to drive up to 3 hours to attend events. Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
Required License, Certification, Association:
- Completion of Molina /DHS/MRMIB Marketing Certification Program/Covered CA Certified.
- Must have valid driver’s license with good driving record and be able to drive within applicable state or locality with reliable transportation.
- Bilingual, English/Spanish highly preferred.
- Solid understanding of Health Care Markets, primarily Medicaid.
- Previous healthcare marketing, enrollment and/or grassroots/community outreach experience a plus.
- 5 years of outreach experience serving low-income populations.
- 3 – 5 years project management experience, preferably in a health care or outreach setting.
- Experience presenting to influencer and low-income audiences.
- Experience in sales or marketing techniques.
- Fluency in a second language highly desirable.
Preferred License, Certification, Association:
- Active Life & Health Insurance
- Market Place Certified
To all current Molina employees: If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply through the intranet job listing.
Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.
Key Words: health coach, community health advisor, family advocate, health educator, liaison, promoter, outreach worker, peer counselor, patient navigator, health interpreter and public health aide, community lead, community advocate, nonprofit, non-profit, social worker, case worker, housing counselor, human service worker, Navigator, Assistor, Connecter, Promotora, marketing, marketing coordinator, marketing specialist, social service, SSW, educator
Pay Range: $17.13 to $33.41 per hour*
*Actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level.
Molina Healthcare is a nationwide fortune 500 organization with a mission to provide quality healthcare to people receiving government assistance. If you are seeking a meaningful opportunity in a team-oriented environment, come be a part of a highly engaged workforce dedicated to our mission. Bring your passion and talents and together we can make a difference in the lives of others. Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-01-17