Sr. Community Relations Manager
Do you have a passion for nurturing and growing a community? Do you like working with a diverse global group of enthusiastic developers? Do you have ideas on how to engage with new users and to bring them into our developer community and keep them actively and happily building within it while learning from their experiences.
Developers rank Docker as the #1 most wanted platform, #2 most loved platform, and #3 most broadly used platform in the 2020 Stack Overflow Developer Survey. Nearly 90,000 developers from around the world responded to the survey. Developers are what make Docker great and we are looking for a Senior Community Relations Manager to work with our passionate developer community. You will be the key interface with the Docker developer community to make sure they have a great experience with Docker tools and technology. You’ll need to organize developer focused activities, nurture new community leaders, engage with global communities and otherwise do pretty much whatever it takes to ensure community success. You will be responsible for defining and driving our community engagement strategy from our 50 Docker Captains, hundreds Community leads and thousands of wider community members.
As the Senior Community Relations Manager you will be the channel to Docker’s existing vibrant developer community and the person that will guide, shape and grow the Docker Community. You will not only engage outward with the community but bring these lessons back into Docker as you work with product and engineering to help us build the things our users need.
- Serve as the primary interface for the Docker community
- Provide the strategic vision and action plan for evolving and growing Docker community
- Coordinate internal resources to engage with the Docker community
- Interface with the Docker Captains on a regular basis
- Organize community focused events both in person and online
- Work with the community to produce the technical tools and educational materials necessary to create an amazing developer experience.
- Understand and address any barriers to consumption of Docker technologies for developers and developer teams.
- Work with developers to understand how they interact with our offering, and providing valuable feedback to business and product development teams to help shape tools, processes, and systems in place to facilitate developer adoption and productivity.
- 5+ years leading a developer advocacy group or similar role.
- Proven track record for nurturing and growing open source communities.
- A strong track record of operational improvement initiatives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to both executives and non-technical leaders
- Ability to travel 5-15%.
- Experience in contributing and participating in open source software communities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent in a related field.
- 3+ years of development/technical experience with Docker technology and/or other related container and orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-17