Sr Corporate Communications Manager
Cox Media Group is built on a 100-year legacy of blazing trails in the world of media. Over that time, we’ve covered war and peace, tragedies and celebrations, small moments and global movements. Our company has thrived, all while local news and world events have continued to reshape our society. Until 2019, CMG was a part of Cox Enterprises. Today, we are an independent media company—a legacy brand with a startup mentality. We are building a media company that is growing and uniquely positioned to define the future. We want innovative, agile and savvy risk-takers with entrepreneurial minds and diverse points of view on our team. If this description fits, we’d love to have you join CMG.
About this Position
We are looking for a Senior Corporate Communications Manager who is a thought-leader, experienced brand-builder and great storyteller. You should be able to work seamlessly with executives, thrive in a dynamic business environment, influence strategic messaging and recommend the most effective communication vehicles that will resonate with the intended audience.
This position reports directly to the Vice President, Corporate Communications and Public Affairs and is an integral part of the People Solutions team – a results-driven, highly accountable and close-knit group that supports our employees, strengthens our culture and makes CMG a great place to work.
The scope of this role includes the development and execution of CMG corporate, field and executive-level communications, as well as brand-building and employee engagement programs. You’ll be working alongside talented, award-winning journalists, so exceptional writing, copy-editing and attention to detail are a must. You will be involved in cross-functional projects and need to have the ability to interpret business initiatives in a simple, meaningful and compelling way for diverse audiences across the company.
Here are some more details about the position:
Strategic Counsel, Planning + Management
- Lead complex projects and be a strategic advisor to internal leaders, including C-level executives.
- Support and advise in-market leadership on communications planning and initiatives.
- Work with cross functional teams to support corporate and in-market initiatives as needed.
- Effectively manage workload and priorities to ensure high quality deliverables.
- Plan, organize and execute large-scale company events, such as town halls.
- Manage executive communications plans, employee portal content calendar, social media content/schedule, etc.
- Engage and establish relationships with trade media – manage proactive and reactive media relations – and serve as a spokesperson for the company.
Communications Measurement + Branding
- Create integrated communications programs that include research, clear objectives and compelling content for a variety of platforms and audiences.
- Drive continuous improvement of communications programs, processes and channels.
- Implement measurement and reporting process to ensure comms are delivering value (ROI).
- Ensure adoption and proper use of approved communications templates and branding guidelines.
Communications Vehicles + Platforms
- Solid experience in creating pages and formatting content on Sharepoint Online.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, along with experience in graphic design, infographic development and video production are a plus.
- Explore and recommend new platforms to better deliver communications and engage employees.
- 10+ years previous experience corporate communications and/or media.
- Degree in journalism, communications, public relations, marketing or related field.
- Proven track record of working as a business communications partner and advising executives.
- Demonstrated ability to write compelling content for different vehicles.
- Successful experience planning large-scale meetings/events.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint Online and Outlook are required; knowledge of other software including Photoshop, Illustrator and Email Open is a plus.
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed.
- Highly-motivated with a positive, customer-first attitude.
- Agile and collaborative with strong creative, problem-solving and relationship-building skills.
- Works well under pressure and can handle tight deadlines, multiple tasks and shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Takes initiative, ownership of assignments and personal responsibility.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-04-30