Sr. Corporate & Media Communications Specialist
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to impact the future of the housing industry while being part of an inclusive team thriving in an energizing, flexible environment. Here, you will help lead our industry forward and make your career.
As a Sr. Corporate & Media Communications Specialist, you will serve as a day-to-day leader on communications projects. Serves as an expert advisor and relationship manager in executing priorities, supporting business goals, and implementing best-in-class strategies. Clients will be external stakeholders, media or customer facing business leaders.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
In this role you will have the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Drafts and edits written communications, including news releases and media statements, and other materials for media outreach.
- Establishes strong relationships within Marketing & Communications and throughout Fannie Mae to help provide clients with the most effective solutions to business needs.
- Identify, understand and resolve client issues. Thinks creatively and provides strategic solutions.
- Accountable for self and team. Demonstrates independent thinking and solid decision-making skills. Uses good judgement when handling assignments, solving problems, addressing challenges.
- Seeks to understand the direction of the company. Serves as a role model for delivering the company’s messages and supporting its vision.
- Evaluates current processes and makes recommendations for process changes, then works according to new guidelines or structure.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Education Level (required) – Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 6-8 years of related experience
- Strong background in public relations, media relations, or consulting with demonstrated experience engaging reactively and proactively with media outlets and reporters, and experience with social media outreach; communications experience in financial services, the mortgage industry, or related fields is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively with a broad range of internal clients and constituencies; strong analytical and organizational skills, and strong influencing, strategic thinking, and consulting skills.
- Excellent news release, FAQ/talking points, and social media writing skills with experience developing and writing information for media consumption.
- Demonstrated experience writing external and internal communications plans for initiatives, media campaigns, products/programs, senior executive speaking platforms, etc.
- Experience managing issues and crises, and ability to work effectively under tight deadlines.
- Experience as on-the-record spokesperson and responding to media inquiries in a timely fashion.
- Experience driving positive media coverage of corporate priorities, products, and services.
- Experience monitoring media coverage and social media, media coverage evaluation and analysis, and managing media lists.
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at careers.fanniemae.com.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful job applicants will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Learn more here
Req ID: 59948
Job posted: 2020-06-08