Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Sr. Digital Marketing Communications Specialist
The Sr. Digital Marketing Communications Specialist will drive our cross-cutting National Center approach to digital marketing. In this role, you will develop and execute an annual marketing plan with integrated digital campaigns to increase the usage of Center resources. You will coordinate across teams and organizations that make up NCECDTL to improve engagement and usage of NCECDTL products, resources, trainings, and events. You will manage and implement digital tools for content marketing, web content management, email, and social media. You will routinely use existing user data to support decision making and determine additional outreach strategies that support teams. The ideal candidate has a mind that is equal parts creative and operational. You have deep knowledge of marketing alongside a commitment to equitable and inclusive practices that reach diverse audiences. The Digital Marketing Project Manager must have an ability to thrive when working with cross-functional stakeholders and aid in creating plain language marketing copy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with NCECDTL partners and design team in conceptualization of annual campaigns in English and Spanish
- Creates and execute, with management team input, the Center’s annual marketing plan
- Works across teams to ensure the Center’s brand is maintained during marketing and outreach efforts
- Prepares weekly promotional one-page document detailing Center’s achievements and improvements
- Oversees cross functional team to write, edit, and deliver email copy for all virtual training events
- Oversees cross functional team to build a strategy for sharing Center resources on peer sharing networks
- Writes, edits, and delivers, in collaboration with Center staff, promotional copy for dissemination through Center texting services; social media; peer sharing platforms; mass distributed emails; campaigns
- Develops and maximizes use of editorial calendar, ensuring Center’s communications are well-coordinated and timed.
- Routinely reviews Center data to improve Center’s reach and inform improvement activities
- Performs other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience
- Preference for project management certification
- Minimum of three years digital marketing experience with proven track record managing engaging digital marketing campaigns with measurable results, with a preference for experience with not-for-profit organization
- Must be highly organized
- Excellent written English
- Bilingual in an additional language a plus, Spanish preferred
- Must have eye attention for detail
- Ability to maintain high-quality work while meeting tight deadlines
- Exceptional analytical skills with experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
- Must have a firm understanding of editorial and production processes.
- Must have creative ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to maintain positive work relationships across a diverse team.
- Must have the ability to write high impact concise content for marketing purposes
- Is self-reflective and empathic
- Encourages and practices critical thinking
- Has a sense of humor
- Recognizes the influence of workplace relationships on outcomes and results
- Maintains a respectful and accepting approach to others
- Awareness of the influence of the larger context on individual behavior
- Collaboratively and creatively supports the work efforts of colleagues at all levels and in all areas of the organization
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is constantly required to use finger dexterity as well as sufficient hand dexterity to use a computer keyboard and be capable of reading a computer screen. Also, may need to remain seated for extended periods of time and have the ability to perform repetitive motions, push objects, reach for objects and grasp objects, including a writing instrument. Employee is frequently required to walk, communicate verbally, and hear well enough to detect nuances and receive detailed information. The employee may be required to bend, stand, pull objects, squat, or kneel. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision for data preparation or analysis, and expansive reading. Must have the ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
The work conditions described here is representative of those an employee encounters while performing this job. Depending on work location, the incumbent will typically work indoors in a heated and air-conditioned office, with a mixture of natural, incandescent, and fluorescent light with low to moderate noise levels or be subject to working conditions conducive to a home office. When travel is expected the incumbent will be exposed to outside environmental conditions during those times.
ZERO TO THREE: National Center for Infants, Toddlers, and Families is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-09-14