Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Sr Dir, Corporate Advocacy
At Eisai, satisfying unmet medical needs and increasing the benefits healthcare provides to patients, their families, and caregivers is Eisai’s human health care (hhc) mission. We’re a growing pharmaceutical company that is breaking through in neurology and oncology, with a strong emphasis on research and development. Our history includes the development of many innovative medicines, notably the discovery of the world’s most widely-used treatment for Alzheimer’s disease. As we continue to expand, we are seeking highly-motivated individuals who want to work in a fast-paced environment and make a difference. If this is your profile, we want to hear from you.
Responsibilities include senior leadership and development of the corporate advocacy function at Eisai including developing, leveraging and maintaining high-level relationships with patient and health care prover groups to align with corporate and business objectives. Build and direct cross-functional strategies and communications processes with executive leadership, sales management and other commercial functions. Identify, analyze, track and report on initiatives as well as emerging issues that are important to Eisai. They will spearhead outreach with relevant groups to foster relationships and develop strategic opportunities that support shared goals and interests and align with the company’s mission. This role will engage key external stakeholders to drive awareness or Eisai’s commitment to oncology and neurology and provide counsel on Eisai initiatives to advance the company’s human health care mission.
This position is responsible for leading Advocacy efforts with the key national professional associations, as well as patient advocacy groups for Eisai. This position requires contributions as both a leader for these functions and as an active member of cross-functional committees including Marketing, Sales, Government Affairs, Commercial Operations, Corporate Public Relations, Medical and Scientific Affairs, and Value Access.
Responsibilities include 1) creating and implementing collaborative efforts related to achieving corporate and brand objectives, given budget considerations, 2) developing and leveraging high level relationships with external association and advocacy groups and stakeholders to support Eisai corporate / brand objectives and bring value to patients, caregivers and the healthcare community 3) building cross functional strategies and communications processes across Marketing (brands and conferences), Sales (national meetings), Value Access, Government and Corporate Affairs, Medical and Scientific Affairs, Commercial Operations and Legal, and 4) providing effective leadership and development of corporate affairs and patient advocacy team members as the department expands.
This role will foster greater partnership between Eisai and stakeholders working on behalf of patients (advocacy) and healthcare providers (associations). As new markets are entered, it will also serve to help build core market competencies in new therapeutics areas.
Develop advocacy strategies that align with corporate objectives. 25% Develop positive relationships and lead collaborative efforts with national and regional professional organizations, patient advocacy groups and KOL’s with focus on achieving corporate and brand objectives. 25% Work in coordination with Director and with Commercial and Sales Leadership teams to develop pull-through strategies for all initiatives. Ensure follow-up communication to all internal and external partners. 25% Identify, analyze and report on legislation and regulatory initiatives as well as emerging issues that could have a significant impact to Eisai. 20% Work with govt affairs teams to integrate policy strategies into Eisai brand (marketed and pipeline) plans. 5%
- 4 year college degree, with a minimum of 12 -15 years of biopharmaceutical experience, preferably in patient advocacy and professional society engagement, public health policy related to pharmaceutical industry, or other related management positions.
- Ability to develop and execute strategic and tactical plans and corresponding budgets that align with corporate objectives
- Experience in the design and execution of advocacy strategies with patient and professional organizations, including development and execution of educational campaigns to creating innovative partnerships
- Experience in communications to senior executives and building strong cross-functional relationships
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders as well as with individuals and associations who influence public policy and participate in industry coalitions.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently as a self-motivator as well as in a matrix organization.
- Understanding of health policy issues
- Strong writing and presentation abilities and project planning/management
- Requires strong leadership, interpersonal, communication and networking skills.
- Amenable to travel requirements, including off hour and weekend responsibilities.
The competencies essential for success in this role are:
- Leadership – leading by example without relying on authority
- Accountability – having the confidence and competence
- Mobility – moving forward with agility and flexibility
- Perseverance – relentless pursuit of excellence
Eisai requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide valid proof of vaccination as of their start date, to the extent permitted under state law. This requirement is a condition of employment at Eisai, and it applies regardless of whether the position is located at an Eisai site, field based or is fully remote. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a medical condition (including pregnancy-related), or because of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.
Eisai is an equal opportunity employer and as such, is committed in policy and in practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. Similarly, considering the need for reasonable accommodations, Eisai prohibits discrimination against persons because of disability, including disabled veterans.
Eisai Inc. participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of all new hires in the United States.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-12-27