Sr. Director, Advocacy Campaigns – State Government Affairs
CVS Health is currently hiring for a Government Affairs Senior Director to join our dynamic team. This role will oversee the development, management and execution of a multichannel state-based advocacy campaign that includes specific strategic efforts to support business needs. Developing and deploying stakeholder engagement with public officials is key to the success. The Senior Director will have strong skills in campaign management, communications, third-party collaboration and engagement, creative strategy development and organizational skills.
• Directing and overseeing a successful integrated state advocacy campaign that works with a diverse set of internal stakeholders and external partners on various activities. Manage elements of campaign including rapid response efforts, long-term planning, grassroots and grasstops activities, utilization of research, multichannel communications, outreach and development of strategic partnerships.
• Managing and supporting the day to day execution of all campaign activities.
• Demonstrating familiarity with state legislative and regulatory processes and politics and developing strategies for appropriate engagement to support business needs.
• Developing strategies with internal and external stakeholders to address proactive opportunities and adversarial situations to achieve company objectives under the campaign.
• Coordinating with state government affairs lobbyists on in-state advocacy efforts.
• Coordinating with communications and public affairs team on specific messaging needs to support campaign goals.
• Developing campaign efforts for large state procurements for priority business, primarily as they pertain to Medicaid and the Public government Sector.
• Partnering and leveraging outside consultants and external resources/relationships with stakeholder groups that will promote CVSH’s business expertise and presence.
• Maintain standard reports that outlines advocacy strategy and campaign efforts as required.
• Manage complex budget for campaign elements.
• 8 or more years of experience in public affairs, campaign management, strategic communications, working in federal or state government and lobbying those entities, or a combination of such experience.
• Experience in complex campaign management.
• Experience in health care issues.
• Experience in healthcare industry, preferably pharmacy, health benefits, and insurance matters.
• Ability to handle several complex and difficult projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
• Proven, effective oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills necessary to interact with a variety of Company management, external consultants, staff of trade associations and other key stakeholders.
• Ability to manage contract consultants.
Bachelor’s degree required. Masters or graduate degree preferred.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-15