Sr. Director, Communications – EMEA
Lime is a smart-mobility provider that offers cities an array of mobility products including Lime-E e-assist bicycles and Lime-S electric scooters. Lime aims to revolutionize mobility in cities and campuses by empowering residents with cleaner, more efficient, and affordable transportation options that improve urban sustainability. Lime is synonymous with responsible civic partnerships, environmental sustainability, and a sense of freedom.
The Senior Director of Corporate Communications will develop and implement our communications strategy across the EMEA region, maintain key media relationships for Lime, affirmatively promote the company’s narrative, and train and manage our many spokespeople including the executive team and local operations and government relations staff.
What You’ll Do
- Develop metrics for the EMEA team, in concert with International leadership, to establish a fair and justifiable rationale for how EMEA efforts will be assessed.
- Create a happy, high-performing team
- Ensuring the work and voice of the team are heard and well-represented, so that we become a more global company
- Help to translate global priorities to the region and provide clarity.
- Develop and own relationships with the media and key influencers
- Manage EMEA-wide PR efforts with respect to company finances, business and product announcements, executive communications, corporate responsibility, and environmental sustainability
- Build processes and procedures to facilitate the company’s ability to strategize and influence on a global scale, primarily through earned media
- Drive communications and PR strategy for Lime’s product and service offerings around the world
- Prepare and pitch comments to news on legislative proposals, regulatory updates, and news affecting Lime
- Counsel Lime’s executive leadership team on appropriate messaging in all types of situations
- Manage EMEA communications team members.
- Full fluency in English required with other EU languages a strong preference
- 10+ years experience managing message development and media relations in a regulated and ultra-competitive consumer product marketplace
- A demonstrated history of building strong relationships with preferred consumer, travel and lifestyle outlets as well and knowledge of the media landscape across the region.
- Scrappy, entrepreneurial spirit with aptitude for overcoming obstacles with limited resources
- The ability to generate and disseminate content across the globe that speaks to both consumers and regulators
- Strong relationships with preferred media outlets, including financial press and mainstream print and television
- Precise, empathetic communication skills in both 1:1 and company-level settings
- Strong cross-functional relationships with product, operations and government relations teams in past roles
- Experience using research and data to draw consumer insights, track campaign performance, and iterate on our PR strategy
- A repeated pattern of developing high-performing team members
- A belief in the importance of providing access to sustainable forms of transportation
- Excellent communications skills and ability to speak in public
What We Offer
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in your hometown with the leader in urban mobility solutions
- A position that offers a variety of career and resume building experiences at the intersection of product and operations
- Work with a team of fun and motivated individuals
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability
We here at Lime strive to build a workforce comprised of individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities, minds, and identities that will help us to grow, not only as a company, but also as individuals. Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer. #LI-AU1
Job posted: 2020-07-17