Sr. Director of Communications, RippleX
Ripple is looking for a Senior Director of Communications to lead efforts for RippleX, the company’s developer-focused team. Our ideal candidate is highly networked with the influencers who matter (press, social, etc.) and can execute aggressive, creative, multi-channel strategies for Ripple. You are equally as effective in influencing strategic alignment with cross-functional teams and as you are advising senior executives on everything from communications strategies to press interviews. You are a compelling storyteller, strong writer and have a penchant for scrolling through Twitter (where crypto “lives”).
RippleX’s mission is to inspire and enable developers to collectively build the Internet of Value (IoV) – which will enable the world to move value like information moves today. We contribute to open-source protocol development (e.g. the XRP Ledger) and innovations that accelerate the IoV. We also partner with enterprises and institutions to develop solutions that use the XRP Ledger, its native digital asset, XRP, and related technologies.
This very strategic Senior Director will report to the Senior Vice President of Communications + People and partner closely with RippleX senior leaders as well as Product, Engineering and Marketing teams.
What you’ll do:
- Lead, develop and execute communications strategies that support RippleX business objectives, increase brand awareness and deliver key messages
- Partner with RippleX’s marketing teams to build integrated marcomms plans for key initiatives
- Develop compelling story ideas and narratives to enhance the understanding of RippleX’s mission
- Identify proactive opportunities for Ripple to participate in conversations relevant to its mission and goals
- Work with the RippleX leadership team to prepare for media interviews and speaking engagements, and elevate their thought leadership and social media profiles
- Maintain and build relationships with press, partners and influencers to drive positive awareness and coverage
- Manage agency relationships
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of relevant communications experience working in tech – experience in crypto and/or developer-related fields a big plus
- Portfolio of media results and relationships with top-tier tech, business and developer press
- Thrives under pressure and can handle multiple projects in a demanding, deadline-oriented environment
- Smart, energetic and relentless in the pursuit of moving the needle
- Serious attention to detail and a commitment to excellence
- Excellent at collaborating with many contributors and cross-functional partners
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, dynamic environment
- In-house experience in digital payments and/or the cryptocurrency landscape is a big plus
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to work for a crypto innovator with a mission to create a financially inclusive world
- Work alongside super talented, passionate colleagues inspired by the challenge and reward in pioneering the future for how money moves
- Competitive salary, equity and 401k (with match)
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness and remote work reimbursements
- Flexible vacation policy – work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match up to $1,000/year through RippleImpact
- A culture that values investing in regular team-building activities and events that are super fun
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.
Job posted: 2021-10-10