Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Sr. Director, Global External Affairs
Responsible for developing and leading the company’s external affairs strategy. The position will cover CyrusOne’s global portfolio in the US and Europe, as well as potential new markets, and will include policy and external affairs agenda development, issue monitoring, and stakeholder engagement, and support of cross-functional partnerships with other business units. Responsible for anticipating issues and shaping outcomes to facilitate and accelerate growth, improve operational efficiency, reduce regulatory risk and tax cost, and build the company’s reputation and brand.
- Develop external affairs strategy and policy agenda through close collaboration with CyrusOne’s senior leadership team.
- Establish, maintain, enhance, and leverage strong relationships with key officials and their staff in key markets throughout all levels of government, including community stakeholders, who impact the execution of the Company’s strategy.
- Establish collaborative relationships with the public affairs teams within our largest customers.
- Issue white papers on key global policy priorities.
- Establish and lead a steering committee with cross-functional membership to proactively identify and solve complex policy, regulatory and external affairs issues and opportunities as they emerge, including local, regional and national approval, permitting, environmental, sustainability, tax and utility delivery issues.
- Partner with and educate stakeholders on CyrusOne’s policy priorities to affect change and promote business continuity and expansion.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory trends and proposed changes, scoring for potential impact – both positive and negative, and effectively communicate these developments to senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Monitor press developments and community relations issues and opportunities in key markets.
- Establish, support, expand and leverage relationships and engagement with trade associations and other industry bodies, including the Data Center Coalition, the EUDCA and the Climate Neutral Data Centre Pact, and local technology or civic / commerce organizations (e.g., Tech Titans in North Texas).
- Create presentations and communications to be used for external stakeholder engagement in key markets.
- Maintain compliance with applicable consultative and advocacy laws and regulations.
- Create a stakeholder management system for all areas of operations.
- Regularly share ESG updates with key officials.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in external and government affairs
- Intelligent, articulate, and persuasive leader who can effectively communicate with the senior management team, government officials and community stakeholders.
- 10+ years of the legislative, governmental agency and/or industry association experience within the private sector in increasingly responsible external affairs / government relations roles
- Experience in real estate / data center government policy and its impact on the private sector
- Experience in legislative and public policymaking at the national, state, regional and local level in the US and Europe, including administrative agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate extremely critical matters which influence and persuade policymaking.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Political Science/Government. MBA preferred.
- Primarily office work with some travel required.
CyrusOne is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
CyrusOne provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and any other state or local laws. We will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at CyrusOne, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our Human Resources at 214.488.1365 (Option 7) or by email at HR@cyrusone.com.
Job posted: 2022-07-19