Sr. Director, Government Affairs – Regulatory
As one of the semiconductor industry’s leading providers of wafer fabrication equipment and services, Lam Research enables the capability of advanced electronics to change and improve people’s lives on a global scale, at a pace unseen in human history. Our success in this mission depends on finding and hiring the best and the brightest employees.
Lam’s leadership position in the semiconductor industry comes with a responsibility to be actively engaged in the global public policy agenda that is shaping the future of our industry. Lam Research’s Global Government Affairs (GGA) function carries out the company’s public policy agenda in markets where it does business. The Sr. Director, Government Affairs – Regulatory is a key leadership role within the function and advances Lam Research’s interests before U.S. and international agencies, policymakers, stakeholders, and relevant organizations and associations. This position will be relied upon to develop and execute advocacy strategies which support the public policy objectives of the company. Therefore, the successful candidate must have a deep understanding of U.S. regulatory procedures and authorities, especially those governing trade and national security. The individual should also have extensive knowledge of the substantive public policy and business issues affecting a world-class U.S. manufacturer and technology innovator.
The Sr. Director, Regulatory Affairs will report to the VP of Global Government Affairs who will work together, along with the Sr. Director, Legislative Affairs, to help develop policy and political strategy on a range of legislative and regulatory issues. The Senior Director will also manage Lam’s interaction with the Federal and international governments, as well as other governmental bodies on issues that would include but not be limited to trade and tax policy, regulation of technology, and national security.
The Sr. Director will work to further Lam’s advocacy efforts by aligning with internal business units, discerning the specific business imperatives of these units, and ensuring that Lam’s public policy agenda is reflective of these priorities. These efforts will advance Lam’s global company objectives, support our customers, and improve Lam’s significant leadership position in the world.
- Act as Lam’s lead functional representative to U.S. federal and international government agencies
- Assist in the development of Lam’s public policy agenda by working with internal company stakeholders
- Execute Lam’s public policy agenda by proactively engaging with external stakeholders in the U.S. government, the business community, and other communities of interest
- Evaluate pending regulations and legislation that may impact Lam in close consultation with the VP of Global Government Affairs to develop recommendations for senior management
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10+ years’ experience in corporate government affairs, including relevant prior public service experience.
- A bachelor’s degree is required
- 25% travel is expected
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal).
- Proven creative problem-solving history, ability to work well collaboratively and under pressure.
- Outstanding leadership and professional presence.
- Collaborative team player and willingness to pitch in when necessary.
- Strong political skills and understanding of political processes
- Outstanding people skills and a strong substantive ability to converse on complex public policy.
- A keen sense of protocol and the ability to work comfortably and effectively with top level government officials and with the senior leadership of Lam.
#LI-KG1 IND123 GLD2017
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-31