Sr. Director, Government & Regulatory Affairs
WHO WE ARE
Due to current circumstances regarding COVID-19, this position will be virtual for candidates in the Northeast Division Footprint (subject to relocation in the future, based on business needs).
Unique Government & Regulatory Affairs Position – City of Philadelphia (Freedom Region)
Reporting through the Regional VP of Government and Regulatory Affairs and in close partnership with the offices Divisional Government Affairs and Corporate External Affairs, serves as a chief advocate and government relations lead in the City of Philadelphia and would be responsible for:
– Shaping and advancing Comcast’s government and regulatory affairs, franchising, compliance, public policy, external relations, corporate and industry relations and business development strategies in the City of Philadelphia; and
– Shaping and coordinating strategic efforts and initiatives in the City.
– Develops and implements strategy for government affairs and public policy issues in Philadelphia as well as strategy for local regulatory initiatives. Secures and maintains franchise (contract) operating authority for the company in Philadelphia, and will serve in a supervisory role for all franchise negotiations through the Region.
– Resolves complex and/or difficult franchise renewals, franchise transfers, and franchise non-compliance issues, as required. Along with the RVP, will be responsible for ensuring continued compliance with the Philadelphia franchise.
– Develops and maintains relationships with government representatives and regulators at the federal, state, and local level. Travels to attend meetings, hearings, or other events to represent the company.
– Manages outside counsel, consultants, or lobbyists to implement strategies or initiatives.
– Provides leadership and supervision to Government and Regulatory staff including staffing, performance management, compensation administration, office management, etc.
– Maintains community affairs budget(s).
– Oversees programming related to corporate initiatives and community affairs activities, including, but not limited to the promotion of Comcast’s landmark Internet Essentials program.
– Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
– Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
– Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
– Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
– Communications, Public Relations, Business
– Generally requires 12+ years related experience
Employees at all levels are expect to:
– Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
– Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
– Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
– Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
– Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
– Drive results and growth
– Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
– Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors and our
Job posted: 2020-11-12