Sr Director Government Relations
The Senior Director of Government Relations is responsible for the coordination of activities associated with key SNC Programs including engagement with necessary elements of the Executive Branch of the US Government.
At SNC’s Washington, D.C. office we are responsible for government affairs, international strategy, international business, and trade and regulatory compliance. We provide strategic guidance across the organization, helping to find alignment and compliance between SNC and the national security priorities of the U.S. government. Learn more about the Washington, D.C. team
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Partner with SNC and Business Area leadership, Senior Advisors, Corporate Director of Communications and SNCs Legislative Affairs, Government Relations and International Business teams to coordinate engagement strategies to ensure the themes and messages remain consistent among all parties and specifically with the Program Capture Plans for a given pursuit.
- Responsible for ensuring that SNC speaks with a single voice on key pursuits and for developing and coordinating the critical messages among the key stakeholders within the Legislative and Executive branches of the US Government.
- Monitor key pursuits, track status, and assess the effectiveness of engagement strategies to ensure the desired outcomes are achieved.
- Serve as an expert on all on-going Business Area programs supported within the WDC office and accompany other SNC staff as necessary to meetings and office calls.
- Support Business Development activities with governmental and non-governmental customers and assist in Business Intelligence on competitor efforts to aid in the formulation of strategies for opportunity engagement, capture, and protection when applicable.
- Support the Corporate Director of Communications as the DC representative for those responsibilities.
- Requires a BA/BS in Related Field. Relevant work experience may substitute for required education.
- Must have extensive and current experience in the DoD and relevant industry experience in business development and program management.
- Possess exceptional presentation and people skills as briefings to senior levels of the US Government will be required on occasion
- May be required to formally register under the federal lobbying regulations
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance is required. Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
- Previous experience with the Executive Branch of the US Government as well as an understanding of Air Force, Army, Navy, and USD(I) current and future priorities is desirable
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-U.S. citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the U.S., foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
SNC offers annual incentive pay based upon performance that is commensurate with the level of the position.
SNC offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 8%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-13