Sr. Director, Public Affairs and Advocacy
Full Job Description
Senior Director, Public Affairs & Advocacy
We are an award-winning digital and traditional media firm that leverages the latest in technology and campaigns to tell stories, influence decision makers, fight for issues, and win at the ballot.
Our team is seeking a Senior level hire who will manage operations and work streams with existing Public Affairs and Advocacy clients. This position also requires someone with an entrepreneurial mindset who has a drive to expand advocacy-specific service offerings and can identify new business opportunities.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Develop relationships with and represent Go BIG before policymakers, trade associations, corporate government affairs offices, consultants and other external organizations
- Grows Go BIG’s advocacy engagement and grassroots capacities including, but not limited to, developing new tools and resources, taking a leading role in identifying budget priorities, and proposing and implementing strategies to increase the footprint of the advocacy and public affairs department.
- Produces advocacy communications collateral including reports, fact sheets, issue briefs, articles, pitch emails, press releases, message points, letters to the editor, op-eds, blog posts, website, and social media content.
- Digital media campaign support including digital media monitoring, online fundraising, social media management, paid advertising, and working with the creative team to develop compelling content
- Understand our offerings, and work with members of the team to leverage those offerings for client campaigns
- Collaborate with managers and designers to develop compelling content and creative products
- General project management, including maintaining team project assignments, meeting deadlines, coordinating with outside vendors, and assisting with client brainstorming and strategy meetings
- Lead weekly client conference calls, following up with notes and action items for the client team
- Responsible for client retention and referrals
Why we’ll love you:
- 3-5 years of work experience related to media relations, communications, and/or digital and social media strategy
- Political campaign, Capitol Hill and/or agency experience
- Experience using various advocacy software tools such as Phone2Action, OneClickPolitics, Quorom, etc.
- Digital advocacy campaign experience – applying digital solutions and campaign strategy for achieving desired legislative or regulatory outcomes
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, and/or Political Science is preferred
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organization skills
- High level of motivation and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, campaign-style environment
- Willingness to travel as necessary for client events and meetings
- Entrepreneurial mindset and desire to recruit and develop new clients and services
Why you’ll love us:
- You’ll be surrounded by a collaborative team that works together in a supportive and creative environment
- Our team enjoys each other’s company in and outside the office- join us for happy hours, team lunches, team outings, etc. You will always be surrounded by good people who genuinely care about you
- “Always be growing”- We invest in growing our employees both personally and professionally
- We want A player employees, so we offer A player benefits such as a 401k plan, unlimited sick days, flexible scheduling, etc.
About working at our company:
We believe in winning the day for our clients by giving them the greatest innovation in technology, to the most precisely targeted audience, with the coolest content on earth. We hold our Culture to the highest standards, so our employees feel fulfilled both in and outside the office. Above all, we believe that without outstanding customer service, nothing else really matters. That’s why we built our company on a foundation of service before self.
Job Type: Full-time
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-07