Sr. Director, Public Policy
Do you want to share your expertise by providing regulatory advocacy and subject matter expertise necessary for Federal and State legislative advocacy? The Senior Director, Public Policy is responsible for working with all business units to develop and implement public policy strategies under the leadership of the Vice President, Policy and Regulatory Affairs. Knowledge in the areas of retail pharmacy issues, pharmacy operations, scope of practice and reimbursement issues, especially within the retail pharmacy segment, is important. Additionally, knowledge of retail health clinic issues will also be helpful. The Senior Director, Public Policy has the responsibility to accomplish:
· As a recognized policy or government affairs expert, direct and manage public policy strategy. Leverage external status to facilitate new and enhance existing enterprise relationships with Executive Branch agencies (e.g., the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services).
· Provide direction to business units through proactively identifying and interpreting complex regulatory and legislative issues; ensure that communication with key-executives is timely and has an impact on business decisions that need to be made.
· Provide health care policy expertise that shapes industry-wide and Enterprise decision making.
· Manage key trade association relationships and external consultant resources to ensure optimal alignment with priority issues and to ensure that resources are used optimally.
· Own and drive key Enterprise policy issues and provide solutions consistent with business goals.
· Analyze and/or modify state and federal legislation as well as a wide variety of advocacy and policy position white papers, testimony, talking points, and lobbying materials; assist in federal and state lobbying as needed; collaborate in similar health or patient care organizations.
· Provide industry leading expertise and input on pharmacy issues especially retail pharmacy issues, such as pharmacy scope of practice and business expansion, pharmacy provider status, government program and health plan reimbursement, payer contracting and compliance, pharmacy workflow, interoperability, and claims processing as well as retail health clinic issues.
· Leverage relationships and manage trade groups and external consultants to scan and anticipate policy, regulatory and legislative activity for upcoming issues that may have broad impact to the industry and CVS Health and proactively forward solution-based strategic plans and initiatives.
· Partner with legal and compliance to manage enterprise litigation and regulatory compliance risks, with an emphasis on driving policy changes that reduce risk and increase business flexibility.
Through a combination of education and 12 or more years of relevant professional experience, has expert knowledge of health care policy with an emphasis on retail pharmacy issues, pharmacy scope of practice and related clinical initiatives, pharmacy business operations, government program and commercial health plan reimbursement and contracting, and retail health clinic issues. Ability to navigate and prioritize a large volume of work. Ability to learn new complex issues quickly is very important. 7 or more years of experience in public policy, government affairs, or a related role within a Fortune 500 organization, professional, trade group, or federal or state government. Ideal position for a Congressional or Executive Branch staffer who focused on health care.
Knowledge in the areas of the pharmacy issues especially retail pharmacy issues, and retail clinic issues.
Bachelor’s degree required. Masters degree or JD preferred
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Job posted: 2021-08-16