Sr. Director, Public Policy
WHO WE ARE
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Identify emerging public policy issues particularly focused on innovation, market structure and competitive dynamics. Perform research and analysis, and prepare succinct analysis to develop and support company’s public policy positions. Work with legislative, regulatory, external affairs, and corporate communications teams to build creative public and opinion-leader support for the company’s positions.
- Work with internal and outside experts in communications, economics, engineering, law, and other disciplines, and with trade associations, think tanks and academics to develop policy analysis and advocacy.
- Engage company’s business units regarding public policy issues and market developments, and develop and execute comprehensive plans to address them.
- Represent company at external events, including participation on expert panels and in events and activities with other thought leaders.
- Advanced degree, 5-10 years of public policy, legal, or business strategy experience.
- Proven track record using campaign techniques to build coalitions and work effectively with advocacy organizations and think tanks.
- Wide-ranging substantive expertise and strong analytic skills in public policy, competitive and market dynamic issues affecting the communications, tech, and media sectors strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to write and speak clearly and persuasively to a variety of audiences is essential.
- Proven ability to collaborate with diverse, cross-functional teams to execute complex projects.
- Excellent research and analytic skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines with consistently high-quality work product.
- Approximately 10-20% travel.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
10 Years +
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-09-13