Sr. Executive Communications Manager, CEO Communications
What You’ll Do
You’ll build and manage strategic internal communications programs and original content for the Chairman and CEO, reporting to the Vice President of CEO and Employee Communications. This role is responsible for crafting compelling, original, executive-level content for internal audiences, working closely with the Chairman and CEO, executive leadership team, employee communications, corporate communications and other key stakeholders across the company.
You will develop and implement a strategic internal communications plan for the Chairman and CEO and provide strategic communications advice to help increase the impact of the business priorities. Key Priorities will be:
- Develop and execute a strategic internal communications plan for the executive and provide advice to help increase the impact of the business priorities.
- Build speaking and written content that enables our CEO to achieve his business objectives – including a thought leadership platform, messaging, keynotes, presentations, strategic and organizational communications deliverables for our employees around the work
- Support employee-wide strategic communications and events
- Design and implement tactics and vehicles for presenting (keynotes, emails, videos, broadcasts, roundtables)
- Research and develop new creative communications channels for internal audiences
- Work in partnership with the Employee Communications team and key functions to integrate and align messaging
Who You’ll Work With
As part of CEO Communications team, you will work closely with the Office of the Chairman and CEO, the Executive Leadership team, the Global Communications team as well as other partners across the company. The CEO Communications team is focused, fast-paced, adaptable and always looking for fun and creative ideas. We use data and storytelling to communicate our company vision and strategy to internal and external audiences in the most compelling and human way.
Who You Are
You are a writer and storyteller at heart, and you are curious about what is happening in the technology industry and around the world. You have experience in building strong relationships with a highly matrixed group of stakeholders. You demonstrate an excellent understanding and thinking across multiple communications subject areas as well as a strong knowledge of the business and broader global affairs. You have experience advising/working directly with senior executives, are a strong collaborator and have the ability to partner globally across a mix of constituents and organizations. You bring an innovative approach that is digital-savvy and has experience in content creation and storytelling.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- 10 – 12 years of related experience and a Bachelor’s degree in communications, business administration, or related field
- 8+ years internal/external communications in varied disciplines, such as organizational communications, executive communications, and public relations
- Cisco experience required
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere – From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone – We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-22