Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Sr Government Affairs Rep
Puget Sound Energy is looking to grow our community with top talented individuals like you! With our rapidly growing, award winning energy efficiency programs, our pathway to an exciting and innovative future is now.
PSE’s Local Government & Community Engagement team is looking for qualified candidates to fill an open Sr Government Affairs Rep position!
Manages a wide range of complex government relations and public policy issues that include: execution of government affairs strategies that influence legislative and regulatory public policy; advocacy, through coalition building and grassroots influence of PSE customer interests before government; support of major construction projects and other PSE initiatives. Identifies opportunities to grow the business, mitigate risk and build stakeholder relationships. Solves complex public policy issues with existing tools.
Upholds the safety compliance standards inherent in PSE’s operating and/or field procedures related to work responsibilities. Promotes and supports a culture of total safety.
- Develops and manages relationships with key constituents, including but not limited to, elected officials, agency staff, grassroots community leaders, and public affairs groups critical to ensure PSE’s ability to successfully provide safe and reliable natural gas and electric service.
- Implements a government affairs strategy to advance/protect PSE’s public policy interests.
- Monitors government agendas and bill introductions to assure ensure that PSE interests are protected.
- Develops and implements strategies for achieving PSE’s public policy goals including managing legislation through entire legislative or rulemaking process.
- Provides support in the development and management of industry associations and non-profit communities.
- Assembles and facilitates internal project teams addressing policy issues.
- Develops and delivers PSE messages, both verbally and in writing.
- Represents PSE on relevant boards, commissions, and through other channels with key constituency groups.
- Supports a variety of infrastructure advancement and economic development opportunities by Project Management, by advocating with key elected officials, facilitating negotiations as appropriate and leading community outreach efforts on major PSE projects.
- Supports economic development by assuring that governments get the needed customer service from PSE.
- Works cross-functionally to coordinate and leverage company resources.
- Supports management of department budget.
- Understands and executes upholds lobbying and political compliance requirements.
- Supports manager and other functional groups, regarding policy and political issues that impact PSE programs and initiatives.
- Supports and encourages the company’s safety initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, communications or equivalent combination of education and/or work experience
- 5 years government relations, legislative, lobbying or related industry experience
- Working knowledge of political, legislative and regulatory processes
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated analytical, advocacy and problem solving skills
- Strong research skills and experience
- Flexibility to work beyond normal work hours, as needed
- Valid Washington State driver’s license
- Experience in the utility industry
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1873. Today we’re building the Northwest’s energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them opportunities to excel. We offer an expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
Puget Sound Energy is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or presence of a disability that with or without reasonable accommodation does not prevent performance of the essential functions of the job, or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at email@example.com or 425-462-3017.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-01-02