Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Sr Government Relations Director
When you’re the best, we’re the best. We instill an environment where employees feel engaged, satisfied and able to contribute their unique skills and talents. We provide extensive opportunities for personal and professional development, building both employee competence and organizational capability to fuel exceptional performance now and in the future.
In this role, you will help drive Vizient’s Capitol Hill advocacy strategy, advising the SVP of Public Policy and Government Relations on the development and implementation of the company’s public policy priorities and positions. Develops champions within Congress, monitors federal policies that could impact Vizient and its members, and seeks to shape their development to align with Vizient and its members’ goals.
- In collaboration with their Republican counterpart, cultivates and maintains relationships with Members of Congress and their staff, primarily in the Democratic party, to help further Vizient’s goals and objectives.
- Identify and implement appropriate strategies with policymakers, third parties and coalitions to advocate for Vizient’s legislative priorities, including those around the health care supply chain, hospital payment policies and drug pricing, among others.
- Identify opportunities for Vizient subject matter experts and thought leaders to lend expertise to policymakers to help champion policy priorities of Vizient and its members.
- Discover opportunities and threats to the company and its members by working cross functionally with other federal lobbyists, Congressional staff, regulatory affairs colleagues, legal, data and analytics, and sourcing colleagues.
- Participates in Vizient’s PAC strategy and engagement.
- Relevant degree preferred.
- 7 or more years of relevant work experience required.
- Capitol Hill experience required.
- Private sector lobbying experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in healthcare or hospital policy and/or medical supply chain is highly desired.
- Strong strategic skills including the ability to make complex decisions and willingness to defend difficult positions.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to work with diverse stakeholders and build strong, collaborative relationships.
- Proven ability to work with and maintain company confidential and proprietary information.
- Ability to travel throughout the year based off business needs.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
Estimated Hiring Range:
$135,200.00 – $201,200.00
This position is also incentive eligible.
Vizient has a comprehensive benefits plan! Please view our benefits here:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The Company is committed to equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender identity, ethnicity, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-04-26