Sr. Government Relations Manager, Major Cities- Southeast
Who is Bird
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 250 cities around the world. And we’re just getting started.
- Cultivate ongoing positive market sentiment, including good relationships with city officials and other key local stakeholders to maintain and grow long-term operations
- Collaborate cross functionally to track and fulfill all local obligations required by Bird’s local operating agreements and ensure that the company remains responsive to local concerns as they emerge
- Secure local partnerships to enhance city relationships, advocate for shared mobility programs and winning applications
- Represent Bird on the local level, strengthening Bird’s brand, reputation and ability to provide services of value to the community
- Communicate with internal teams on market requirements & operational details
- Represent Bird at local events and coordinate support with part-time or third-party resources when needed.
- Build a close relationship with Bird’s local General Manager and local operations team to identify, evaluate and prioritize opportunities to improve policy and program implementation
- Develop strategy and presentations in partnership with Operations, Policy and Marketing teams for meetings with city administrators and other stakeholders
- Create and prepare memoranda, reports and other internal and external documents as required
- Project management and tracking of required community outreach, marketing & events.
- 2-4 years experience.
- Great collaborator with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills including the ability to present to different audiences
- Solid previous experience in managing projects from start to finish.
- Quick learner with the ability to thrive in a fast-moving environment.
- A positive, can-do attitude and eagerness to learn.
- Enthusiasm for tech, mobility, or urban planning industries would be of added value.
- Outgoing and a relationship-builder who has experience in partnership and stakeholder management.
- Well organized, with attention to detail.
- Analytically and strategically skilled with an execution mindset.
- Problem-solving mindset and a great business understanding.
- Passion for your city, micromobility, and improving quality of life
- Available for travel
- BA required. JD, MBA, MPA or equivalent preferred.
Culture at Bird
We’re an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, childcare support, pre-tax spending accounts, mental health resources, a work from home stipend, a wellness stipend, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-10-04