Sr Government Relations Representative – Rockies
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is one of the largest independent oil and gas exploration and production companies, with corporate offices in The Woodlands, Texas. Anadarko’s mission is to deliver a competitive and sustainable rate of return to Shareholders by developing, acquiring and exploring for oil and gas resources vital to the world’s health and welfare.
This position will be based out of Anadarko’s Denver, CO office and will be part of the Government Relations team. The Government Relations Representative will be primarily responsible for implementing Anadarko’s political, legislative and government relations strategies at the state and local level in Colorado.
The ideal candidate for this position should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Relevant experience in Colorado in government relations, nonprofit management or other equivalent political experience, is preferred.
- Experience working with oil & gas-related issues, industry associations and/or organizations, is preferred.
- Ability to effectively advocate on behalf of the company with relevant coalitions, business leaders and government officials.
- Proven ability to develop key relationships with state and local leaders and decision-makers.
- Demonstrated understanding of Colorado political landscape and legislative process.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience is required.
- Anticipate and monitor local political risks (bans, moratoria, ordinances, etc.) and engage internal and external resources as appropriate to minimize/avoid risk on APC’s planned operations throughout the DJ Basin.
- Coordinate with relevant internal teams (operations, legal, municipal planning, regulatory/permitting, surface land, etc.) and align external activities with APC’s business objectives.
- Support Government Relations team to execute cohesive political strategy and solutions throughout the DJ Basin and the State.
- Support Government Relations team in statewide initiatives, legislative strategies and external relations, as needed.
- Identify and execute on opportunities for strategic local policy/regulatory initiatives which would benefit APC’s operations.
- Monitor critical city council/mayoral and county elections, appropriately engage external resources (BASE, Vital, other stakeholders), and make recommendations for APC engagement (including candidate recruitment);
- Engage local government elected officials to understand industry operations and inform as appropriate on APC’s planned activities.
- Coordinate engagement of external resources at the local level, including Vital for Colorado, local energy organizations, APC’s Advocate/Ambassador program, and external stakeholders.
- Represent APC on local, community-focused initiatives and committees affiliated with trade associations or other stakeholder groups.
- Provide internal reporting related to Government Relations issues as relevant and timely.
- Support Regulatory, HSE and Midstream departments on state and local regulatory efforts.
- Represent APC’s strategic interests at various conferences, community meetings and other external events throughout the region.
Bachelor’s degree required in Political Science or related field.
Learn more here
This position may be eligible for relocation.
Travel will be required up to 25%.
This position is eligible for the 5/40 or 9/80 work schedule.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in recruiting, hiring, developing, compensating and promoting applicants and / or employees. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for employee’s and applicant’s disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following ‘Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law’ Poster.
Job posted: 2017-11-19