Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Sr Government Relations Specialist
TriNet is a leading provider of comprehensive human resources solutions for small to midsize businesses (SMBs). We enhance business productivity by enabling our clients to outsource their HR function to one strategic partner and allowing them to focus on operating and growing their core businesses. Our full-service HR solutions include features such as payroll processing, human capital consulting, employment law compliance and employee benefits, including health insurance, retirement plans and workers’ compensation insurance.
TriNet has a nationwide presence and an experienced executive team. Our stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol TNET. If you’re passionate about innovation and making an impact on the large SMB market, come join us as we power our clients’ business success with extraordinary HR.
Please note that at this time, TriNet requires colleagues reporting to TriNet offices, engaging in in-person activities (including off-sites) or engaging in TriNet sponsored business travel, to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR test each week. TriNet will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
TriNet is providing access to a mobile app for colleagues to submit proof of vaccination or negative test results. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, TriNet will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
The Regulatory Affairs Specialist will serve as a versatile member of the TriNet regulatory affairs team. The Regulatory Affairs Specialist will support the team’s state and federal advocacy work, manage the day-to-day operations of the TriNet Political Action Committee (PAC), assist with development and implementation of advocacy and fundraising strategies, and assist with PEO and other business licensing priorities.
- Assist with the coordination and deployment of events and communications designed to increase colleague engagement and understanding of the TriNet PAC and regulatory affairs program.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the TriNet PAC, including processing contributions, solicitation efforts, database updates, oversee vendor preparation of monthly FEC reports, and ensuring compliance with applicable FEC and state regulations.
- Assist with PAC board governance and preparation of annual PAC report.
- Assist with development and implementation of internal fundraising strategies to retain and increase contributions of current donors and expand the number of donors to the TriNet PAC.
- Participate in meetings with elected officials and PAC fundraising events when necessary
- Analyze, report and track legislation and regulations that impact the organization
- Assist in the management of the company’s legislative tracking software, including producing reports and managing bill listings. Administer the team’s webpages (the Source; TriNet Votes) including updating and producing new content.
- Process invoices and maintain vendor contracts to ensure prompt payment of vendors.
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the manager’s discretion.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a focus on Government, Journalism or Communications.
- Minimum of 2 years of prior PAC, government relations or related field experience.
- Experience within government, political organizations, issue advocacy or PAC management a plus.
- Previous leadership ability through project management experience preferred.
- Proficiency with computer and software tools including advanced capabilities in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to be flexible to accommodate business needs.
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical and creative thinking skills; intellectual rigor and curiosity; problem-solving capability.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment; to communicate articulately, confidently, and professionally, various types of advice, across many organizational levels and functions; and effectively build rapport and partnerships with stakeholders.
- Ability to drive results and take initiative and ownership of responsibilities.
- Ability to manage or switch among multiple tasks rapidly and work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to self-motivate, self-manage, be team-oriented and proactive, pay attention to detail, is task oriented, and is able to overcome obstacles to meet schedule requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced continually changing business and work environment while managing multiple priorities
WORK ENVIRONMENT/OTHER INFORMATION (Travel may be required, physical requirements, on-call schedules, etc.)
- Minimal travel required
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please Note: TriNet reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Position functions and qualifications may vary depending on business necessity.
TriNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. Any applicant with a mental or physical disability who requires an accommodation during the application process should contact email@example.com to request such an accommodation.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-08-03