Sr. Manager- Campaign Analyst
Moody’s ESG Solutions Group (MESGS) is a business unit of Moody’s Corporation serving the growing global demand for ESG and climate insights. The group leverages Moody’s data and expertise across ESG, climate risk, and sustainable finance, and aligns with Moody’s Investors Service (MIS) and Moody’s Analytics (MA) to deliver a comprehensive, integrated suite of ESG and climate risk solutions including ESG scores, analytics, Sustainability Ratings and Sustainable Finance Reviewer/certifier services. It houses V.E and 427, both affiliates of Moody’s.
Moody’s ESG Solutions is looking to hire a specialist to lead its marketing/campaign analysis activities. As part of the Moody’s journey towards becoming a pioneer in the ESG space, the successful candidate will be required to liaise with multiple teams across the firm (product strategy, product & segment marketing, sales, research, corporate branding & communications) to measure and optimise initiatives that help drive commercial traction. The person will have an instinctive aptitude for marketing/campaign analysis activities that enable the global and regional marketing teams to deliver nuanced tactics by market and assist with performance tracking and optimisation.
The successful candidate will be joining at an exciting and strategically critical moment in our business unit’s accelerated buildout. As a relatively nascent business (launched September 2020) within the globally renowned risk management firm, Moody’s ESG Solutions is rapidly expanding in headcount to meet ambitious growth targets on the path to becoming the most preeminent data and solutions provider within the ESG domain. By crafting a comprehensive suite of solutions, powered by superior data and overlaid with analytical expertise, our goal is to be a source of leading insight and to champion change within risk management, equity and credit markets. We are looking for an exceptionally talented marketing/campaign analyst to continue building our brand profile among our target audiences across a strategically important yet diverse market landscape.
The person will also participate in gathering of the customer, market and business intelligence to support the business and make sure customer is at the core of our decisions.
Specifically, the person in this role needs to accomplish the following:
- Work in close partnership with the VP – Marketing & Engagement to measure and evaluate all campaign activity in line with global annual multi-channel marketing plan.
- Responsible for measuring, analysing and reporting on the impact of marketing campaigns and activities for the business.
- Ensure the necessary key performance data is captured and provide actionable insights to drive improvement across website experience and digital marketing.
- Identify trends and opportunities based on observed online behaviours, ensuring timely and regular sharing of analyses to help drive ongoing website improvements, improved marketing ROI, and a best-in-class user experience.
- Create and maintain data visualizations displaying key reporting insights for paid and organic digital marketing activities using visualization standards and best practices
- Partnering across marketing to create a shared understanding of message performance, identify growth opportunities, and facilitate execution and measurement of those strategies.
- Be the primary partner for cross-functional stakeholders to understand performance and impact of marketing campaigns and activities, use web analytics data to unlock meaningful insights for marketing and sales teams.
- Gather, interpret, and analyse business requirements and uses cases, and design reporting solutions that help us address the needs of our marketing plan.
- Perform data integration and develop reporting solutions that apply data visualization standards and best practices.
- Perform routine maintenance support, and troubleshoot reported issues as well as determine root causes, and implement countermeasures.
- Develop an intimate knowledge of our data and how to access it, in order to be responsive to requests for ad-hoc analysis.
- Ensure robust data infrastructure, including technology platform and reporting tools. Define key metrics such as campaign performance and return on marketing spend. Examine benchmarks and perform appropriate analysis to make recommendations to Senior Leadership Team regarding growth opportunities.
- Ensure business related data is available, reliable, consistent, accessible, secure, and timely to support business targets.
- Manage the prioritization of analytics and reporting projects, ensuring that projects are prioritized to support priority business objectives using an agile and collaborative approach.
- Analyse the performance of marketing efforts at tactic, audience and segment level to optimize performance.
- Understand paid media needs, vendors, systems and underlying dataset by being a key user of this information and channel specifics KPIs.
- Collaborate with Sales Operations, Product Strategy, IT and other departments to ingest, model and standardize data while also defining KPIs.
- Identify and implement analytics tools and technology, providing subject matter expertise and representing stakeholder interests in selection process.
- Work with the Customer Market and Business Intelligence (CMBI) team to valuate data from various sources and provide insight to understand audiences, behaviours, outcomes and proposing enhancements to marketing performance.
- Inform integrated product marketing campaigns for various content pieces which help position Moody’s as a thought leader: white papers, reports, infographics, email campaigns by providing performance data to CMBI and GTM marketing teams. Continuously analyse and measure performance to maximize effectiveness on a rolling basis.
- Develop and design KPI reports, dashboards, and ad-hoc requests.
- Leverage multiple digital analysis tools, eg. Salesforce, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, etc. to identify opportunities and trends.
- Define and own website tagging strategy and work with development teams to implement needed enhancements.
- Collaborate with the CMBI team to provide relevant and actionable data insights to complement and enhance their research projects.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody’s also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Job posted: 2021-07-17