Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Sr. Manager, Communications
You’re an original. So are we.
We’re a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do. Our brands stand for freedom and self-expression around the world.
Where we lead, others follow. For more than 160 years, we’ve used the strength of our brands to lead with our values and make an outsized impact on the world. We employ more than 15,000 people globally to support our great brands: Levi’s®, Dockers®, Denizen® and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.™
The Corporate Affairs team is responsible for shaping and protecting Levi Strauss & Co.’s reputation as one of the apparel industry’s top-performing, most socially responsible and values-led global brands. We are seeking a media relations expert to join our team to lead communications for the company’s digital transformation efforts and support our corporate reputation work.
You will support business, technology and financial communications, including our digital transformation. You’ll be focused on driving media and executive visibility to support our strategic growth drivers; our brand, how we’re diversifying and our Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) business.
We are digitally transforming how we create products, how we connect with consumers and how we sell. This role will support leaders of our DTC, Data/AI/Machine Learning and Technology teams, and lead storytelling in support of our digital transformation. In this role, you will develop deep relationships with key internal and external stakeholders (executives, media, influencers) to maximize the quality and reach of our corporate reputation. You must have the proven ability to effectively work with and develop trusted relationships with leaders at all levels of the company, including our most senior executives.
- Lead and execute media relations and communications around digital transformation, including executive visibility and thought leadership platforms for executives such as our head of data & AI and our Chief Information Officer.
- Advise on and help implement employee communications strategies to drive Digital transformation internally
- Partner with regional teams to activate digital transformation narrative in key international markets.
- Help to raise LS&Co.’s profile among key business and financial audiences by supporting the development of feature story pitches, external forums and day-to-day media relations.
- Build and manage relationships with key industry and business media and other external stakeholder groups.
- Advise and coach spokespersons to enhance their storytelling skills and impact; prepare senior management for media interviews, speaking events, and internal meetings and announcements.
- Manage awards and executive visibility programs to drive thought leadership and recognition. This will include identifying which awards to apply for and coordinating submissions, as well as evaluating conferences and events where senior level employees may speak as a keynote or panelist.
We put a lot of thought into our programs to provide you with a benefits package that matters. Whether it is for medical care, taking time off, improving your health or planning for retirement, we’ve got you covered. Here’s a small snapshot:
- 401K match: $1.25 for every $1.00 you contribute up to the first 6% of pay you save.
- Five hours of paid volunteer time per month with nonprofit organizations
- Product discount of 50% off regular-price merchandise
Levi Strauss & Co. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Minorities, females, people with disabilities and veterans are highly encouraged to apply.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-09-14