Sr Manager, Communications – New York Region
The role of the Communications department is to develop and define the overarching messaging and communications strategy for the brand, and to get people to talk about Red Bull through media coverage, opinion leader (influencer) engagement, and partner content amplification. The department develops and maintains media relationships, brings opinion leaders into the Red Bull world through experiences, and works with partners to share our key messages. As the Sr. Manager, Communications, you will lead the Communications efforts for the region, with the goal of increasing awareness of and affinity for the Red Bull brand and its local activations, events, athletes and media projects. You will be responsible for developing the annual NYC Regional Communications plan, ensuring all communications efforts are executed on-budget and achieve their planned engagement targets.
Areas that play to your strengths
All the responsibilities we’ll trust you with:
- Provide business planning inputs to support the development of NYC Regional Communications plans with NYC cross-functional leaders and Red Bull North America Communications team in Santa Monica (SaMo)Ensure NYC Regional Communications plans utilize the most efficient tactics to drive media coverage and reach new consumers and influencers
Propose and lead the implementation of field Productions and all communications or content needs surrounding local Marketing activities
Work closely with the other members of the NYC Marketing team and SaMo departments to build and execute comprehensive campaigns
Devise ‘breakthrough’ buzzworthy PR moments and activations to elevate the company’s message, bringing new perspectives and vision that bring the brand to life
- Define objectives, goal, messages, and tactics for each local communications initiative and identify the appropriate tools and amplification channels for each campaign across Earned, Shared and Owned.Manage dedicated Communications budget to reflect priorities and deliver expected outcomes
Own and maintain a comprehensive region calendar of Red Bull national and regional initiatives
Collaborate with key NYC and SaMo stakeholders — including brand, sports, culture, sales (where relevant) and production — to achieve campaign goals.
Oversee accurate and consistent representation of the Red Bull brand in all regional activations.
Measure outcome using analytic tools and report results to key internal and external stakeholders.
Keep SaMo informed of needs and opportunities in the region.
Create scalable communications planning and recap tools, which the team can utilize for planning, execution, optimization and reporting of local or endemic initiatives.
- Lead a team responsible for the development and distribution of strategic communications and campaigns that influence and engage regional and national playgrounds while paying into objectivesBe constantly aware of emerging communications trends, products and technologies.
Provide input on campaigns that delight our consumers and enhance Red Bull’s reputation for creativity and inspiration.
- 7+ years of communications marketing at high profile brands and/or agency account management.
- Ability to work autonomously while taking direction from Regional and SaMo leadership
- Capable of cultivating a strong team environment across regions and functions.
- Track record of delivering results against tight deadlines.
- Exceptional communication skills, including written, verbal and presentations.
- Strong planning, prioritization and project management competencies.
- Creative thinker and innovator; in touch with digital, culture, trends, etc.
- Able to travel as needed; work flexible hours/days of week and weekends.
Got what it takes?
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-15