Sr Manager, Corporate Affairs US Patient Advocacy
At Biogen, our mission is clear: we are pioneers in neuroscience. We are committed to working with advocacy and patient organizations as they serve the communities they represent. Professional, ethical, and compliant, we hold ourselves accountable to deliver value to our shareholders
The Senior Manager, U.S. Patient Advocacy (Weston), is accountable for the development and implementation of an integrated Patient Advocacy strategy for Biogen’s Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) program. This person will provide guidance and expertise to support key Patient Advocacy groups in the U.S. The candidate will build and deepen relationships with external stakeholders and drive Biogen’s position in the rare disease space while shaping our thought leadership in areas of high unmet medical need.
The Senior Manager, U.S. Patient Advocacy will be an integral member of the U.S. cross functional SMA team, providing strategic counsel and executing on patient advocacy engagement. S/he will continue to build and position Biogen as a thought leader within the SMA community through active engagement.
This position requires strong collaboration and networking across Biogen. As a member of the Core Global Patient Advocacy and External Communications Team, this role will work cross-functionally with colleagues in global, regional and in the affiliates.
This role is based in the company’s U.S. headquarters in Weston, MA and reports into the Senior Director, Patient Advocacy and External Communications.
Travel up to 30% of the time.
· Knowledge of US patient access environment and healthcare systems. Understanding of rare disease patient environment globally.
· Demonstrated creativity and innovation in strategy and execution and flexible to find the right balance in working strategically and operationally; agile and hands-on mentality; ability to work well under pressure and enjoys a fast-paced, often unpredictable environment
· Outstanding interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively within a matrix team and with a wide array of internal and external stakeholders on complex issues, effectively work across functions with strong collaboration skills
· Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
· Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment
· Strong business acumen, pharma/biotech industry must have
· Ability to solicit critical information, assess potential opportunities and shape outcomes
· Strong organizational skills
· 8-15 years of Advocacy Experience with Biotech industry, trade association, government or NGO.
· Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree in public health, health policy or communications preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-17