Sr. Manager, Corporate Communications
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows people to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. We empower others and put people at the heart of everything we do, whether those people are our customers, our communities, or our own team. At eBay, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people around the world. We are looking for individuals with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you.
About our team:
The Corporate Communications team is responsible for managing, promoting, and protecting the company’s reputation as well as bringing the company to life across owned and earned channels. We play a critical role in eBay’s strategy, positioning the company as a global leader in the commerce evolution. One of our primary areas of focus has been to protect eBay’s reputation through issues management, promote eBay’s business strategy, and bring the company’s Purpose to life. We are composed of communications professionals who activate a modern, robust, and dynamic communications system that deploys groundbreaking tools, technologies, and techniques to drive business impact. We are propelling eBay’s Purpose by elevating its Global Impact, highlighting how eBay builds a better, more sustainable form of commerce—where people are empowered, causes are supported, and economic opportunities are available to all.
As the Senior Manager of Corporate Communications, you will help support eBay’s business critical communications, including financial communications, M&A, government relations and policy, special reports and issues management. The role will collaborate with a broad range of internal stakeholders, including the Investor Relations, Government Relations, and Policy teams, and will work closely with other members of the corporate communications team, in tight collaboration with and report to the senior director of corporate communications. This individual will be responsible for articulating business strategy, growth opportunities, and competitive positioning; highlighting the assets and advantages that distinguish eBay in the marketplace; positioning eBay with relevant financial and business media to drive perception change; and helping address reputation issues and manage crises.
This position will join a global team that works to creatively and effectively shape eBay’s narrative to support key business priorities and strategies. The individual will be counted on to work collaboratively within eBay’s matrixed organization and to help provide critical thinking, strategy, and seamless execution to the corporate communications function.
- Experience developing and executing corporate and business communications in a large, global, and matrixed organization.
- Direct experience managing financial communications at a publicly traded company with a well-known brand.
- Proven experience working cross-functionally to manage business issues that could potentially affect operations and employees.
- Experience leading large scale, data driven research projects and synthesizing the information to create special reports on small businesses, recommerce and other commerce related activities.
- Media relations experience with business and financial reporters and producers
- Direct involvement with M&A communications.
- Experience working in crisis communications and issues management preferred.
- Must be a strong writer.
- Must have successfully worked with senior leadership teams.
- Must have experience managing direct reports.
- 10+ years of experience.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent.
- The person will be a hardworking communications professional with experience in developing high-impact strategy and programs that improve awareness, trust, and favorability of corporate reputation.
- Due to the nature of the role, this person must be flexible and capable of handling multiple incoming priorities and managing various partners with urgency, accuracy, and professionalism.
- The person will be results-driven and inspired by working with a dynamic and collaborative team. They will have a relentless focus on innovation, execution, and quality, combined with a tireless work ethic and a global worldview.
- eBay operates in a fast-paced, complex, matrixed environment. The person will have a record of collaborating, developing a shared vision, and creating successful results.
- The person must be able to manage and lead a team – either of direct reports or cross-functionally.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
We Empower People and Create Economic Opportunity
eBay Inc. (NASDAQ: EBAY) is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes. Our portfolio of brands includes eBay Marketplace and eBay Classifieds Group, operating in 190 markets around the world.
Job posted: 2021-10-13