Sr. Manager, Federal Affairs
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
As a Senior Manager on Uber’s federal affairs team in Washington, DC., you will represent the company at the highest levels of the US government. You will report directly to Uber’s Head of Federal Affairs.
What You’ll Do
- Work to ensure the legislative and regulatory framework in the US supports Uber’s growth.
- Build and execute an effective, credible federal strategy to advance Uber’s divers policy goals.
- Communicate clearly, accurately, and persuasively to convey the company’s position to external audiences including the US Congress and the Administration.
- Identify opportunities for Uber to shape public policy debates before key policy making audiences
What You’ll Need
To succeed you’ll need to be:
- A great advocate: We’re looking to build the legislative and regulatory framework for the next generation of transportation services. You’ll need the intellectual chops to grasp complex policy issues as well as the ability to articulate clearly and simply how Uber can help improve transportation for everyone. We’re looking for people who can distill complex ideas into simple, but intellectually credible, arguments. You’ll need to write well and have the ability to tell stories-about our product, our people, and the ways we’re helping to improve life for riders, drivers, and cities
- A strong campaigner: We succeed by putting together effective campaigns with third parties on behalf of the passengers and drivers who use the app. That means you’ll have a bias for action in everything you do-and a willingness to engage in debates that can often become heated
- A team player: Success at Uber depends on the ability to organize different teams (internally and externally) around shared goals. It’s why we’re looking for well-organized people who enjoy working with others to get stuff done-and who can deal with the ambiguity that sometimes comes from working cross-functionally
- Experience: Ideally, you have 10+ years experience in a senior role in the legislative or regulatory branch of US Government
Learn more here
Job posted: 2018-12-06