Sr. Manager, Financial and Corporate Communications
About the team
Zillow’s Corporate Relations team is a team of skilled communications professionals who enjoy working in a collegial environment within an innovative, fast-paced tech and media company. The team is responsible for growing Zillow’s brand awareness, credibility and affinity through earned and owned media and for shaping the story of what it’s like to work at Zillow.
About the role
In this corporate communications role, you will look for opportunities to tell Zillow Group’s story to financial and business journalists, working closely with Zillow’s Investor Relations team. Zillow is innovating on behalf of its customers and partners to make it easier to move, building advanced technology to create a seamless transaction experience.
The role requires creativity, organizational and project management skills, a strong ability to understand business objectives and to strategically tell stories that support achieving desired goals.
- Work closely with Zillow’s finance, strategy, and communications leaders in Zillow’s major lines of business to own the communications strategy and execution of financial news, filings, updates and releases, including quarterly earnings.
- Build and maintain close relationships with reporters at national media outlets, including leading business and financial outlets, podcast hosts and outlets, and producers at business-focused broadcast outlets.
- Proactively generate and pitch creative, ongoing story ideas that raise awareness of Zillow’s strong management and leadership as it innovates to build a seamless transaction experience.
- Work closely with communications team colleagues, executives, investor relations, legal, employee communications, and business leaders to align on core business messaging and storyline.
- Maintain updated, approved messaging and ensure consistency across the company in the way Zillow is described and discussed as an enterprise.
Who you are
- An experienced communications professional with experience with financial communications as a financial journalist or in communications at a public company.
- You have 7-9 years of experience, strong existing relationships with reporters, and the ability to build more relationships.
- Flexible teammate who thrives in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects, stakeholders and deadlines.
- A motivated team-player with a proven track record of partnering closely with other communications colleagues and other departments
- An organized, experienced project manager and a strong, clear communicator.
- A storyteller who can identify and tell stories about Zillow’s overarching vision for a simple, tech-enabled home transaction.
- Able to exhibit confident, credible counsel and presence to senior leadership and cross-functional teams
- Actively collaborates; solicits, considers, and aligns diverse viewpoints.
- Must love this stuff!
Get to know us
At Zillow Group, we’re powered by our inclusive work culture, where everyone has the support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to empower people and enrich lives around everything home, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But, don’t just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For (#69), Fortune Best Workplaces for Diversity (#38), Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents (#31), Fortune Best Workplaces for Women (#20), Fatherly’s Best Workplaces for New Dads (#37), JUST Capital 100 Company (#69), Bloomberg Gender Equality Index constituent.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Zillow Group houses a portfolio of the largest and most vibrant real estate and home-related brands on the web and mobile.
Zillow Group’s portfolio includes:
- Zillow®, the leading real estate and rental marketplace dedicated to empowering consumers with data, inspiration and knowledge around the place they call home, and connecting them with the best local professionals who can help.
- Trulia® helps buyers and renters find a place where they will love to live. With insights sourced straight from locals and over 34 neighborhood map overlays like crime and schools, Trulia offers a deeper understanding of what living in a home and a neighborhood is really like.
- StreetEasy®, New York City’s leading local real estate marketplace, providing accurate and comprehensive for-sale and for-rent listings from hundreds of real estate brokerages throughout New York City and the major NYC metropolitan area.
- HotPads®, a map-based apartment and home rental search brand, and a top destination for renters in urban areas across the United States.
- Naked Apartments®, New York City’s largest rentals-only platform, provides innovative tools and quality listings so renters can simply and quickly find their apartment, and makes it easier for brokers and landlords to connect with renters to fill available apartments faster.
- RealEstate.com, a home shopping brand, designed for first-time buyers and millennial home buyers.
- Out East, the ultimate online destination for Hamptons real estate, provides insider tips and locally penned guides that complement a hyper-customized shopping experience that lets buyers and renters search by town and see a home’s proximity to beaches, farmers markets, transportation options, and other local points of interest.
- Zillow Home Loans (NMLS #10287, an Equal Housing Lender), a national provider of online mortgage lending services.
- In addition, Zillow Group houses the business brands Bridge Interactive, Dotloop®, Mortech® and Zillow Premier Agent.
The company is headquartered in Seattle and trades on NASDAQ under the ticker symbols Z and ZG.
Zillow Group is owned, fueled and grown by innovators who help people make better, smarter decisions around all things home. We encourage one another at every level, and our efforts are supported by employee-driven, world-class benefits that enable us to enjoy our lives outside the office while building fulfilling careers that impact millions of individuals every day.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-18