Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Sr. Manager, Global Government Affairs
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. MANAGER, GLOBAL GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS
SpaceX, a revolutionary space technology company, is seeking to expand engagement with global governments, specifically related to our space-based broadband constellation, Starlink. Starlink will deliver low-latency broadband internet worldwide, helping to solve the “last mile” problem of broadband connectivity in the U.S. and worldwide. As Sr. Manager, Global Government Affairs, you would have a key role in determining Starlink’s successful market entry throughout world, helping to lead efforts globally to shape policy and regulatory environments to support Starlink adoption and contribute to SpaceX’s mission overall. You will work with a broad degree of autonomy and be key in our shared success.
- Develop and implement international government relations engagement strategy in support of the company’s goals and positions, with a focus on Starlink technology deployment
- Advocate to optimize prospective satellite and telecommunications international legislative and policy frameworks and environments in alignment with SpaceX business objectives
- Comprehensively track and internally communicate to SpaceX management the global legislative and regulatory initiatives of importance to the company
- Establish and manage international consulting team under the supervision of the Sr. Director, Government Affairs
- Establish relationships with relevant international and local third-party organizations and influencers to shape policy at the global government level in key locations
- Strengthen SpaceX’s political impact using extensive global government expertise and network
- Plan and execute tailor-made strategies to ensure international legislative and regulatory initiatives have a positive impact for the company
- Represent and promote the company positions before administrations, legislators and other elected officials, regulators, and regional government organizations and associations
- Compile competitive international intelligence for the company
- Provide strategic guidance, information, and competitive intelligence in support of business development efforts, which may include:
- Opportunities for international partnerships
- Targeted deployment in support of the business strategy for early satellite market entry or new service offerings initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of experience in government relations/lobbying
- Demonstrated experience securing positive, proactive political or legislative outcomes
- Experience managing international government relations consultants
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in public policy or another relevant field
- Juris Doctor degree
- Understanding of satellite and telecommunications, and related policies
- Experience working with international governments
- Public speaking experience
- Must be willing to travel (up to 50%)
- Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends, as needed
- Must be willing to attend political and industry events on behalf of SpaceX
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-04-30