The Senior Manager of Government Affairs will be responsible for ensuring patients with federal or state government funded healthcare have access to Insulet’s products. The individual will represent Insulet and will develop and deploy lobbying and advocacy strategic activities for stakeholders involved in federal and state policy that effects access to Insulet’s products to include both reimbursement and regulatory activity. This will include developing and implementing strategies to communicate the our position to federal and state elected officials, other policymakers, other outside interests and industry/government stakeholders designed to drive the Insulet’s business interests to maximize the our business goals and objectives.
The individual will ensure that Insulet’s interests are represented at congressional hearings, press briefings, legislative briefings, key committee and agency hearings and fully participate in advancing the Company’s policy and strategic agenda. In addition, the individual will ensure Insulet’s products are eligible for federal procurement activity, including all branches of the military and the State Department as well as procurement activity for State and local government where necessary.
The Senior Manager of Government Affairs will have a deep understanding of government access, reimbursement and regulatory processes, stakeholders, and approaches towards advancing our patient’s access to our products and advancing our business interests.
- Develop, implement and direct federal and state government affairs strategic plan.
- Develop relationships with state and federal legislators, regulators, agencies and other government stakeholders and their respective staffs to represent and articulate the interests, goals and objectives of the company.
- Develop concise, effective communications regarding the company and its activities to disseminate information regarding the company consistent with its legislative and regulatory agenda.
- Drives internal alignment process to ensure that the government affairs function is tightly connected to the company’s business goals and objectives.
- Identifies key government and regulatory issues, opportunities and threats and response actions to support the company’s businesses; advises senior management on public policy issues and regulatory matters of note and identifies potential public policy risks to the company.
- Represent Insulet within trade associations that effect the government market such as AdvaMed, MDMA, Pharm, etc.
- Engage and manage outside consultants and lobbyists when necessary.
- Develop and participate (where necessary) in coalitions that benefit company activity; act as company liaison to various trade associations, groups/projects, etc.
- Organize, track and administer Company employee interaction with state and federal elected and appointed officials.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors plus advanced degree
- Minimum of 8 years of Pharmaceutical and/or Healthcare industry experience
- Previous experience (>3 years) in either a federal payment or lobbying position at a Pharma, Medical Device or Federal reimbursement consultant position or previous federal payment agency or government healthcare staff experience (>3 years)
- In-depth knowledge of Medicare Part D, Part B DME and Medicaid payment policies, including exchanges, BP, AMP, 340B, ACO, etc.
- Knowledge of new government payment and care delivery models
- Ability to work independently, yet be integrated across multiple organizational stakeholders
- Ability to work as part of a highly functioning team
- Ability to prioritize and drive for results with an emphasis on quality
Skills and Competencies
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate at multiple levels of an organization
- PC skills, word processing, spreadsheet, database, PowerPoint
- Ability to provide and analyze performance driven data
- Ability to organize and judge priorities
- Ability to generate and maintain accurate records
- Preferably individual located in DC/ If not Travel up to 50% as required
Job Posted: September 9, 2017