Sr. Manager, Government Affairs
Responsible for developing, coordinating and implementing government affairs strategies and activities that advance the company’s interests in at the state and local level. This includes monitoring and reporting on federal, state, and local legislative and regulatory activity affecting the cable television industry and lobbying on behalf of the company; building, maintaining and improving relationships with federal, state, and local elected officials as well as administrative agency leaders; and supporting the activities of the company’s business stakeholders as it relates to engaging with federal, state and local government agencies and officials.The job may include representing the company before state and local governments and administrative agencies, franchising and procurement, community affairs, as well as strategically planning, managing and executing other activities and events that advance the company’s overall objectives.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain professional and social contacts with federal, state, local, and administrative officials and agencies.
- Work to enhance public relationships by community interaction with federal, state and local officials
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Manage all communications with franchise authorities within the assigned state(s) including supporting the franchise renewal and acquisition process; preparing and reviewing franchise documents; and working to resolve differences between the Company and government officials.
- Manage communications with system staff and legal counsel regarding franchise obligations including interpretation and renewal or extensions.
- Responsible for managing the company’s compliance with government regulations, including monitoring and reporting on relevant regulatory proceedings; maintaining the appropriate level of company engagement; interfacing with agency officials as necessary to actively understand and improve the overall business impact of regulatory decisions; and coordinating with third party stakeholders to advance the same goals.
- Actively monitor, analyze, assess, and report on the impact of pending and potential administrative, local and state regulatory proceedings on the company and design strategies to further the company’s business objectives.
- Actively monitor, analyze, assess, and report on the impact of pending and potential local and state legislative proceedings on the company and design strategies to further the company’s business objectives.
- Supervise and direct outside counsel and consultants in the development and drafting of local and state regulatory filings.
- Coordinate with business and legal contacts regarding regulatory strategy and compliance.
- Communicate with legislative leaders to discuss cable industry overall and proposed legislation.
- Represent the company’s position regarding industry issues.
- Lobby on behalf of the company.
- Manage government affairs assigned public affairs projects and activities and represent the Company within community organizations and at community events.
- Coordinate with the company’s stakeholders regarding correspondence to elected officials and press releases.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
Ability to effectively communicate in a public forum and perform business negotiations
Ability to maintain professional relationships with political officials in local environment
Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
Ability to use a personal computer and software applications (i.e. word-processing, spreadsheet, etc.)
Knowledge of federal, state, and local franchise and cable regulations
Knowledge of government process at the federal, state, and local levels
Vision ability close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focusEducation
Bachelor’s degree in business, political science or related field or equivalent experience
Related Work Experience
Lobbying and public relations experience
Cable television, telecommunications, wireless or broadband service provider experience
Demonstrated project management leadership experience, working collaboratively across and with internal and external stakeholders
Certifications and/or Licenses
Valid driver’s license, satisfactory driving record within the Company required standards and auto insurance
Frequent travel required
Exposure to moderate noise levels
Able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
For more information on Spectrum’s benefits, please click here.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job posted: 2021-02-23