Sr. Manager/ Manager, Public Relations and Internal Communications
The Sr. Manager/ Manager, Public Relations and Internal Communications plays an important role in the promotion of the NanoString brand both externally and internally. This person will be responsible for the development, distribution and promotion of product-related press releases and media activities to maximize exposure with trade and local media outlets. They will also deploy internal communication strategies on a variety of product and organizational topics to drive clarity and increase employee engagement. This role collaborates closely with Corporate Communications, Marketing and Human Resources to develop, coordinate, and share content across multiple communications channels.
- Development of a global PR strategy to promote the NanoString Brand Values to external audiences in collaboration with Corporate Communications and Product Marketing; includes strategic message development, release calendar, outreach plans, and measurement of impact.
- Development and management of internal communication cascade and rollout of new Brand Platform to employees to promote the NanoString Brand values and enhance the NanoString culture through the sharing of information, events and stories.
- Build and maintain relationships with media contacts. Pitch story ideas and content to media and manage media requests in a timely and professional manner
- Creation and management of a PR and Internal communications calendar to structure the flow, timing and coordination of communications and increase efficiency of current communication practices – in partnership with HR and other departments as appropriate
- Implement internal communications projects and serve as primary contact and producer/coordinator for enterprise-wide communications related to strategic priorities/goals, NanoString vision and mission, recent press releases, and other important strategic messages, including Town Halls, internal events, etc.
- Track and measure impact of PR plans to ensure attainment of communications objectives.
- Assess communication tools and make recommendations for how enterprise-wide information is disseminated, including new technology and integration of communication tools/services across NanoString audiences and locations.
- Integrate content and communications into NanoString’s global intranet portal so that it becomes the “go to” resource for employees seeking news and information about the company
- Provide global communication support and counsel to various functions within the organization to support any internal messaging initiatives
- Implement a consistent voice, tone and personality for internal and external communications that aligns with NanoString’s brand/attributes and global culture.
- Position may also support various investor relations activities as needed, or as time allows.
Experience and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations/communications or related field preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Internal communications, PR or related communications area.
- Proven ability to develop, implement, and execute successful public relations communication campaigns
- Understanding of the development and execution of communications strategy and knowing how to connect that strategy to the achievement of strategic priorities/goals.
- International communications experience
- Industry experience preferred
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, with the ability to tailor and adjust communications as needed
- Well-organized with excellent attention to detail and follow through
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Strong working knowledge of a variety of public relations programs
- Knowledge of AP style
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
NanoString is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. NanoString does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that it does not have a signed agreement with.
If you require assistance or accommodation when applying for open positions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-12