Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
To start as soon as possible, Full time, Permanent
Sr. Manager/Manager, State Government Relations
RWE Renewables Americas, LLC Position Description
Key Responsibilities & Purpose of Position
- Manage state political and regulatory risk in the Americas and identify business enhancements or opportunities for growth
- Interact with state Legislative & Executive Branch governmental officials and staff as well as RWE teams to manage political/regulatory risk for wind, solar and energy storage technologies in the Texas and Southeast regions.
- Analyze proposed legislation/market rule amendments & proposals to determine Company impacts and positions, identify internal stakeholders impacted by proposed legislation/market rules, develop response basis, and develop and execute strategies to support Company positions.
- Communicate Company positions persuasively to key decision makers including legislators, regulators, grid operators, consultants and other external stakeholders.
- Evaluate and direct external lobbyists and consultants in promoting the Company’s positions on federal and state legislation.
- Provide live testimony before legislative committees/regulatory commissions as necessary to provide Company positions on proposed legislation/regulatory changes.
- Direct lawyers and consultants in the drafting of legislation or amendments.
- Coordinate coalition building and ensure consistent internal communication on issues impacting the Company.
- Manage national and regional trade association relationships to promote Company positions and to direct resources to specific issues within the regions as needed.
- Assess political landscape and recommend political campaign contributions. Assist with RWE Political Action Committee.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Assist with budget development and process accounting transactions within Government Relations & External Affairs.
Work Experience Requirements
- Minimum 3-5 years of legislative or regulatory experience and/or experience in government affairs roles with other companies or trade associations. Previous high ranking governmental position a plus.
- Advanced degree (Masters Degree in Business, Public Policy) a plus. Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Business, Communications or other relevant area.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-07-26