Sr. Manager Marketing and Communications
About this Position:
This position is Remote.
We are looking for our association’s Lead Storyteller. This new position will combine your love of writing with your strategic, creative, and innovative skills to collaborate with a dedicated small team who do BIG things.
The DCAT organization is a not-for-profit, corporate member-supported, and volunteer-led global business development association for companies engaged in the Bio/Pharmaceutical manufacturing value chain. We are the industry segment leader in bringing networking, meetings, education, and industry analysis to our 500+ global member companies. The organization does not lobby federal, state, or local governments.
Suppose you are an experienced communicator interested in telling our story and other good news about our association and are looking to forge a set of dynamic job responsibilities that will allow you to flex your talent muscles. In that case, this may be the position for you.
- Interview members and other partners to tell stories and write a variety of content for articles, event promotion, blog posts, podcasts, speaker introductions, leadership remarks, narratives for videos, and more.
- Develop interview questions, conduct interviews, profile industry leaders, speakers, and volunteers.
- Lead, innovate and develop appropriate marketing strategies and language for our programs, events, and member products.
- Develop and implement a marketing and communications collaboration strategy across all our departments.
- Develop ideas and projects that increase brand awareness, clarifies brand experience, and enhances the brand to both members and non-members.
- Engage with volunteers and assist them in promoting their projects.
- Create relationships with industry publications and partners and communication and marketing professionals at our member companies.
- Reports to the Executive Director.
- Manage and guides one direct report.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Writing, English, or related area.
- 7 to 10 years experience in the field, association or pharma industry experience a plus.
- Proven ability to tell a story and develop narratives to engage members and urge them to act.
- Proven ability to develop marketing strategies and implement them with positive results.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and public relations skills, including interacting professionally with high-level individuals, presenting facts, and handling media inquiries.
- Possess well-developed time and project management skills.
- Resourceful and have attention to detail.
- Ability to work remotely and communicate and interact with staff throughout the workday.
- Travel to East Coast for meetings twice per year if needed.
- Travel to New York City for one whole week each March.
Other: Competitive and Commensurate Salary, Full Paid Health, Dental and Life. 401(k)
Founded in 1890, the Drug, Chemical & Associated Technologies Association, Inc. (DCAT) is a not-for-profit, corporate member-supported, and volunteer-led global business development association for companies engaged in the Bio/Pharmaceutical manufacturing value chain.
DCAT has been providing a life-long collegial community for its Member Companies, and their representatives, for over 130 years. DCAT helps build relationships within its unique member company profile that includes the Bio/Pharmaceutical industry’s entire manufacturing value chain.
DCAT creates objective, expert-driven education programs, and informational services, so its Member Companies can easily gain insight into industry market trends, best practices, and the issues impacting the industry.
Membership in the DCAT organization provides real value by offering events, programs, services, branding opportunities, and more at affordable corporate membership rates.
The DCAT organization ensures that Member Companies have an appropriate forum for high-level, strategic business meetings, timely educational sessions, and essential networking opportunities by hosting DCAT Week and the DCAT Annual Dinner each year in New York City.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to jconnorHR@dcat.org. Please be sure to tell us why you should be considered, what your salary expectation is, and when you’d be willing to start this position at our organization. Please note that if an interview is scheduled, you will be required to submit writing samples and other examples of your work.
Job posted: 2021-05-13